Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Are you able to record it to your computer and e-mail it to me? Only because down in Syd, Australia, we use the PAL tv system, so any NTSC won't work ... there are players that play both, but mine doesn't. Thats cool, I'll just search all the p2p's untiI find it.

Is it wrong to download free to air tv off of p2p's?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I'm assuming this is in reply to another post.\

I can record the show and save the file in a MPEG4 or AVI format and host it on my computer. You could download it if you have a fast internet connection. NTSC vs PAL doesn't really apply on computers.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Thanks Ebby, yeah this was supposed to be a reply to your reple to my post.

yeah that would be sweet if you could do that.

Les.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Cool. It will take a few days until the show is on again and a couple more to encode it.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Thats fine, just the fact that you are willing to go to the trouble is awesome. Thanks alot Ebby.

Les.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by les t

Is it wrong to download free to air tv off of p2p's?

This is always a can of worms. Some people say it is totally fine because it is like giving someone a VHS tape and it was free. Some people say it is illegal if you give it to other people. And the MPAA/RIAA think anything to do with P2P is illegal no matter what. Call me a rebel if you want, but I am adhering to original copyright lays (pre-1998 ) as long as I don't sell the copy and make a profit off you. The new DMCA is legal overkill and while I (unlike many many people I know not on this forum) try to stay legal, I find it hard to support these ambitious control-freaks.

You know, I gotta start ranting again. This felt so good.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Don't mean to interrupt your quiet time together, but you know, next time, this might be a better PM discussion or something
  • Reply 7 of 14
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Don't mean to interrupt your quiet time together, but you know, next time, this might be a better PM discussion or something

• Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

This post is actually a continuation of another here.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    The movie is here for your enjoyment.

Sorry about the slow connection speed (30K) but I have to host the file directly from my G5. So grab a beer & sit back or download overnight if you can. I'll leave my computer on tonight and won't shut down until network activity stops. (My computer is on most of the time anyways)

http://24.6.133.221/~web/GameOver.mp4 (181MB) Doesn't sound right but whatever.

OR

http://24.6.133.221/~web/GameOveSmall.mp4 (132.1MB)

(Shameless iPod plug) Found this in this episode of Game Over.

• Reply 10 of 14
    Wow, thanks Ebby, that is awesome... one prob tho is that I won't be able to download it foranother 15 hours or so... Just please always leave it there for the next few days and I will lt you know when I have it all.

I am staying at my g/f's, and so have no access to my computer.. but will be able to download the file as soon as I get to uni in the morning

Thanks.

Les.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

This is always a can of worms. Some people say it is totally fine because it is like giving someone a VHS tape and it was free. Some people say it is illegal if you give it to other people. And the MPAA/RIAA think anything to do with P2P is illegal no matter what. Call me a rebel if you want, but I am adhering to original copyright lays (pre-1998 ) as long as I don't sell the copy and make a profit off you. The new DMCA is legal overkill and while I (unlike many many people I know not on this forum) try to stay legal, I find it hard to support these ambitious control-freaks.

The major gripe about this kind of thing is the ability to skip advertisements, which violates the letter of copyright law. Of course, being in australia you avoid US jurisdiction. Recording the show is fine: fair use clause.

Sending the show to a guy in Australia won't get you in trouble. Civil trials are very subjective anyway, though there's really no chance that you're going to go to court over this.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Finally the encoding is done. For some reason the large movie shrank from 300+MB down to 181MB. I'm either really good, or something strange happened. But, hey... it seems to work. 8)

I'll try to leave my computer on as much as posable. I do have an occasional restart/shutdown after Unreal2K4 but I have MenuMeters and will try not to interrupt the uploads.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Okay Ebby, all done. Thanks a bunch.

I downloaded it at Uni. While doing so a friend came up and told he had gotten a hold of Ep's 1 & 2

Now I'm off to go and watch them.

Les.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

it does feel good, doesn't it? i don't often do it, but when i do do it, i go all out!