It's playoff time. . . for Broomball

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Yes, it's that time of year again. Playoffs for perhaps the most enjoyable recreational sport ever, Broomball, are upon us.

For those of you who have never played broomball, I suggest you find a sheet of ice and get started. For those of you who have, I am talking about the shoe version. Apparently some people play it on skates. Not the same.

We're coming off of a first round win. Jihad. Continues tomorrow.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    dude put hit stick in front of my shot this year, ruined my stick.

had to buy another. i seem to get two years max out of them before the metal just pukes.

i love broomball.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Yeah, I just cracked a guys wooden stick today.

Here's a little secret.

Old indoor soccer shoes + lots of strong glue + 3M scotch brite abrasive = unstoppable speed and agility.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    he he, and here i just bought broomball shoes. i'd been playing with plain tennis shoes for years, so it was like night and day.

i play a lot of broomball in winter. my favorite sport.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    The goons and I broke 4 brooms playing 'broomball' in the dorm last year. Of course, that was just using brooms to smack a soccer ball around
  • Reply 5 of 6
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Supposedly the broomball shoes have trouble on rough ice. Since we play after hockey teams practice, it's always on rough ice. The scotch brite stuff is excellent and it doesn't rub off (it's like a really high-end brillo pad), though, as it seems, it is not legal in serious broomball.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Broomball rules boys...but I hate to break it to you, it's spring. \

I dig broomball in the winter, but the ice is melting here in Chicago, so I can't imagine anyone else would have any (Canada doesn't count. Canada never counts. )

Edit: Forgot the difference between / and \\