Copy/Paste from PDF to Notes in Panther

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
When a screenshot in Panther is taken, a PDF is created. Instead of attaching the enclosure, the PDF is opened in Acrobat (or Preview) and the image is copied and pasted into Lotus Notes as part of the email. The user who receives the email cannot see the pasted image (though the sender still can in the Sent Mail folder).

This only started happening in Panther, it worked fine in Jaguar.

Anyone have similar issues with other applications, cutting and pasting images? I haven't and I am trying to figure out why this is a problem with Notes.

P.S. I have Notes 6.5 client, and notice 6.0.x client did not like Panther as the windows scrollbars would not appear, so I am leaning to the fact that Notes and Panther have issues with each other.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    I am using Lotus Notes 6.0 under Panther with no issues whatsoever. Scrollbars work well here. On the other hand, I am not sure I am following your screenshot problems there. When you take a screenshot via:

Full screen = Command + Shift +3 (saves PDF file to desktop)

Selection = Command + Shift + 4 (saves PDF file to desktop)

a PDF file is created on your desktop. Simply attach that file in Lotus Notes and send it away. If your recepients are having problems opening the attached image, you may want to convert it to from pdf to jpeg using Preview before attaching it.

If you want to paste the image instead of attaching it, use the following:

Full Screen to clipboard = Command + Control + Shift + 3

Selection to clipboard = Command + Control + Shift + 4

and simply paste (Command + V) the result into your Lotus Notes memo.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,063member
    Thanks, Bill. I forget about screen shot to the clipboard. That solves my issues.