State of the Forums Address

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
OK, it's late at night and I really should be doing my Euro, but...

Why don't we have a little "State of the Forums" post every three months or so? Each Mod would give one in a rotating fashion. This would be an excellent way for a Mod to address any concern's about what's going on in the forums, and to point out what the community needs to do better as a whole. It would allow additional space to clarify an issue that a particular Mod feels that he/she needs to address. Fun tidbits could be added like "AI Member of the Quarter" or stuff like that. I donno, it just seems like it would help me out as a member to goto a post and see what I need to improve upon/encourage others to do, and also to get a feel for what affects this community as a whole. Communication is a wonderful thing.

Anywho, I really need to go do my AP Euro so...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Not a bad idea, so long as the term "Axis of Ignorance" is included.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    All I care about is who gets the parking space up front.

Seriously though, I'm betting that the mods will say that an occasional sticky thread is the easiest way to handle ongoing issues with any one forum. Still, if someone wants to go the effort AND make it entertaining, I might read it.

Especially if its catered.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    If we were to do this, it would go a little something like this.

*ahem*

Quote:

The Chief Administrator shall from time to time give to the Moderatorship information of the state of the forums, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Moderators and Members, or either of them, and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; he shall receive ambassadors and other public ministers; he shall take care that the Posting Guidlines be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the moderators of the AppleInsider Forums.

Oh, and we have to invite him to speak before he can. I always loved that part.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    and some partisan applause or standing ovations every three or four posts
  • Reply 5 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    *** YAAAYYY *** (APPLAUSE)