nm

just realized i'm a day behind.

CRAP!

stupid reruns.

i sent him an e-mail anyway.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Too funny. I'm going to spam the holy hell out of this guy. No telling how many he's crammed into my inbox.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
  • Reply 3 of 12
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    moi aussi

• Reply 4 of 12
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    ok, whoops, that makes no sense after i edited the original post.

on the daily show tonight they did an interview with a famous spammer by the name of scott richter. they got his e-mail address part way through the interview and posted it up on the TV while they were talking. i decided to e-mail him.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i was thinking about that as i watched. but i said "there are probably 10s or 100s of geeks doing that right now. and i dont want to give that fucker my email address incase he doesn't already have it."

that guy was such a twat. he acted like people actually want spam... "high volume email" or whatever. what a douche.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    I get hundreds of SPAM a week with "names". Who's real names are these and how do they (the spammers) get them? Are they randomly generated fictitious names or stolen? If they are fictitious...what if I meet someone with the same name and they want to correspond by email. Well, then my spam filter would remove them...then what?

If I ever saw MY name pop up on one of these I'd sue the living shit out of the sender...using my name to sell penis enlargers will ya?! Like I'd want anyone with a cock is big as mine...

/just ranting to myself...

• Reply 7 of 12
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    The government should start rounding up spammers and send THEM to Guantanamo Bay... scumbags. I'd rather release a few of the non-combatant types held there on iffy information, and hold the spammers without charge... three years at Gitmo for every year you spent spamming people.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

The government should start rounding up spammers and send THEM to Guantanamo Bay... scumbags. [edited part I don't entirely agree with. - jq] hold the spammers without charge... three years at Gitmo for every year you spent spamming people.

Now you are talking. Zero tolerance.

--

Unfortunately, spamming spammers only hurts the overall network and any innocent users on nearby systems.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    SPAM is the scourge of modern society... right behind Ebola, Mad Cow Disease and Avian Flu. Come to think of it, it might actually be *worse* than Avian Flu.

• Reply 10 of 12
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

SPAM is the scourge of modern society... right behind Ebola, Mad Cow Disease and Avian Flu. Come to think of it, it might actually be *worse* than Avian Flu.

Mmmmmmm Spam Musubi (Spam Sushi for those who have never lived in Hawaii).

I'd concure with this because my inbox has been overloaded while I've never had the avian flu. What I hate most about this crap is I do my best to not give out my private e-mail yet still it finds its way to these chuckel-heads.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Mail's spam filter works very nicely indeed for me (~50 spams/day on average, 95%+ hit rate, no false positives). Oddly, I get almost no spam on my Hotmail account, apart from legit. mailing lists I've forgotten to unsubsribe form.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i cant even remember the last time i got a piece of spam.