Anyone know where to find Al Franken's new radio show online?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The few links I've found point to www.centralairmedia.com, but at least for now, all I'm getting is browser time-outs.

Random server glitch, overwhelming interest outstripping server capacity... or right wing conspiracy DoS attack?

Anyone know any other links that might work for me?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Air America Radio

Looks like the site goes live at Noon Eastern.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Air America Radio

Looks like the site goes live at Noon Eastern.

Thanks.

Something I heard on the news this morning made it sound like the radio show had already started earlier this morning, but from the look of the web site, neither the site nor the radio broadcasts really get going for... oh, about another hour yet.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Seems like enough people are trying to listen in to make the internet feed suck... it got off to a good start, however.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Hrm. I'm getting nothing but silence through realplayer at 10:30 MT.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Hrm. I'm getting nothing but silence through realplayer at 10:30 MT.

Same thing here. Not as entertaining or informative as I would have hoped for, but still an improvement over Rush.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Real Audio file

Same problem using this -- an apparently working connection with nothing but silence. My last attempt to listen caught a few seconds of actual show, a couple of commericials, and on-cue silence at the end of the last commercial.

Seems that they might be having a few first-day technical glitches and haven't figured out yet how to keep the proper audio feeds going.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Full audio feed now available--the silence issue is resolved it seems.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    I'm trying to listen to it through the LA station...but it's not on. It's their first day too, so let's not pass judgement on it just yet.

Reminds me of what happened with the current Lakers play by play announcer Joel Meyers. He absolutely sucked through 1/2 the season. It was very annoying to listen to him because too often he would leave you guessing as to what the hell happened!

i.e "Kobe shoots...kobe is now 5 for 13 which is an improvement ---game still going on in the background, sneakers squeaking---over the past couple of games and it's certainly a positive when he's not only shooting but getting his teammates involved."

So did the basket go in and if not was there a rebound? who got the rebound? Now Meyers has gotten MUCH better. In fact I enjoy listening to him ...but Mychal Thompson....ay ay ay. End of rant
  • Reply 10 of 18
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Current Score:

Rush Limbaugh: 600

Air America: 6
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Current Score:

And Ben Johnson is still the fastest man ever
  • Reply 12 of 18
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    I've been listening to it for the past hour and I think it has been fairly good so far. I was afraid it was going to be DLC-democrats/establishment-are-good type of channel. They've had Michael Moore on for the last hour or so. Al Gore called in and Michael Moore berated Al Gore for his 2000 campaign, essentially justifying his vote for Nader in 2000. Although it was disappointing that Moore said he's voting for Kerry who's far worse than Gore.

I also love the Ann Coulter parody. It's so funny!
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:

Current Score:

Is that the number of illegally obtained Oxycontins he's popped in so far this week?

How cute. A Limbaugh listener showing his support for him. lmao
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Is that the number of illegally obtained Oxycontins he's popped in so far this week?

How cute. A Limbaugh listener showing his support for him. lmao

Stations, idiot. I could give a rats arse about talk radio. It does not interest me what Franken or Limbaugh have to say. Both are on the fringe of their respective sides.

What I said was opinion neutral, before you knee-jerk into categorizing people.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Franken is fringe? He's a DLC-democrat.

For those who don't want to stream using Real, here's a link using WMA:

http://www.super62.com/jacor-common/pdx/streaming.php
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

Stations, idiot. I could give a rats arse about talk radio. It does not interest me what Franken or Limbaugh have to say. Both are on the fringe of their respective sides.

What I said was opinion neutral, before you knee-jerk into categorizing people.

It's called a joke Einstein. And since you're supposedly "not interested"....why the reaction?

Don't get mad little Jubby. Limbaugh rocks!!!! There, feel better now?
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

It's called a joke Einstein. And since you're supposedly "not interested"....why the reaction?

Don't get mad little Jubby. Limbaugh rocks!!!! There, feel better now?

Dude, I am not sure what your problem is. It looks a lot like you just want to stir things up. If you want to argue with someone, go find someone else to project things on.

BTW- my mother's maiden name is Einstein, which makes me one, once removed.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Dude, I am not sure what your problem is. It looks a lot like you just want to stir things up.

I think his problem might have been this: "Stations, idiot. I could give a rats arse about talk radio."