Battery and ac power in powerbook/ibook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've been hearing alot from apple discussions. They say its bad for the battery to be plugged in while the ac adapther is plugged(battery fully charged). But, there explanation is stupid ( no offense to them). AI has better explanations. So is it true that it is bad for a fully charged battery to be plugged into the ac adapter and will it affect the life of the battery in the long run? Thanks. Sorry for the grammer and punction and sorry if this was posted already.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    I can't see AAPL designing it that way or that there would not be a major uproar about it before now. I bet there are hundreds of thousands of people who leave their powerbook plugged in on their desk with their battery installed. Why put the battery through continual charge/recharge cycles? If it does cause a problem, well then... I'm already screwed with this 867Mhz.

8)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    From what I understand, the batteries in the AlBooks have approximately 1000 charge cycles (under optimal conditions the life can be extended). A charge cycle is used up when the battery is drained any lower than 95% (for example, a charge from 96% to 100% would not use a charge cycle). So keeping it plugged in all the time is actually good for the battery, it will prolong its life.