A new kind of "reality show", or is this not new?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    interesting. don't you have to be 35 to be president?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

http://www.hotjobs.com/start/americancandidate/

Oh shit. I think I'm going to puke...

/maybe sleep will help

• Reply 3 of 12
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Hmmm, good point!
  • Reply 4 of 12
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Here's a point for you:

Reality TV sucks

All TV sucks.

Move on with your lives people, nothing to see here.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Well, the "reality show" bit was just a witty association I was attempting. The thing I was really getting at is the idea that- you may not like Bush, and you may not like Kerry, either. You say you could do a better job running the country, so isn't this your chance to anty up to that claim and shine? I was just wondering if there would be people seriously up for this challenge- someone "knowing" from AI, for instance. Clearly, there is active political exhange here by those who feel very confident about what they know, but how many of us feel bold enough to actually participate in something like this?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I would be one who is not up for the job. I leave the politics up to the politicians. Yes, I'm interested, yes I'm involved, yes I vote, and yes I care, but I'm not cut out for something like that.

God put me on this earth to fight fires and be a paramedic, not to be the leader of the free world.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    hmm, assuming this isn't an april fools joke. And assuming that it isn't going to be a ratings whore like american idol....

This is actually a pretty intriguing idea, I mean heck, isn't that what democracy is about? voting to select who you think is best fit to represent your interests and all that.

well, if anything, this could rekindle people's interest in the democratic system, and perhaps even get people interested in learning about this stuff.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Aaaah! April Fool's- I forgot that possibility!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    while sick and twisted, i think this is real...
  • Reply 10 of 12
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    It is real. Showtime has been pumping this up for a few months now.

This really depresses me. People would pretend to run for POTUS to get on tv, but they won't run for school board or city council and actually do something good.

• Reply 11 of 12
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

It is real. Showtime has been pumping this up for a few months now.

This really depresses me. People would pretend to run for POTUS to get on tv, but they won't run for school board or city council and actually do something good.

Remember the governor's election in California?...Now replace governor with president...no change, just more mouth breathing attention whores jerking off on camera..."reality"...pitiful.

• Reply 12 of 12
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    i find it slightly disconcerting that the age requirement is 18 and not 35... i mean come on...