Ipod problem

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My buddy wanted me to post this here:

HELP!

I bought a used 3rd Gen 30GB iPod three days ago and I'm having the strangest issues. Here's the background:

After I received the iPod, I used the iPod updater 2.1 (selecting Restore) off my G4 laptop and then used iTunes to move over my music and the iSync to move over my mac's address book (2400+) and my iCal. The iPod would start up, interact with me for 15-20 seconds and then suddenly shut off.

I again used updater (selecting restore) and again moved over the music, address book and iCal. Same issue again. I'm tried doing this on my G3 laptop - same issue. The fourth and final install was back on my G4 laptop and I tried moving over JUST the music. It FINALLY stayed "on" and hasn't suddenly shut off and restarted.

I've since tried adding/moving over just my iCal or just my address book and they both cause the iPod to suddenly crash. When I erase the files - everything is happy again. I noticed that after I added the iCal's and it crashed, the calendars were not showing up on the iPod, but the files were actually there in the folder on the iPod.

I've also tried moving over just Address Book Vcards (not via iSync) and it's the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments