Exporting in iMovie 04

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just finished a small movie and after exporting it for the web I find it has no audio. Stunned I deleted and tried again, after about 20 trys every which way I thought hmm maybe it's quicktime. So I reloaded it, nothing... Maybe iMovie 04 needs a fresh load, nothing... What is wrong with my movie??? I have checked the file after exported and there is no audio at all, for some reason iMovie isn't taking my audio when it compresses it...

Or I am I suffering from a quick release of a product that needs much work?

Helpless...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jimdadjimdad Posts: 209member
    Just tried to share using web settings and all is fine here. Doesn't seem to be the app. I'm presuming you can hear your audio in iMovie. Have you extracted the audio, or added something on one of the audio tracks? If so, then it might not be checked so wouldn't be picked up for export.. Otherwise, I'm stumped.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Moving to Digital Hub, home of the iApps.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    lincolnlincoln Posts: 11member
    I have no idea what is wrong, I have audio in iMovie, but once exported to Quicktime web format the audio track isn't there. Is there some setting I have over looked? Do I have a bigger issue that iMovie itself? I have tried other quicktime files and they play fine. In iMovie 4.0 do you have to do anything special to have an audio track export?

Out of ideas...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jimdadjimdad Posts: 209member
    Nothing special required. You just have to make sure that your audio track box in the timeline is ticked but I'm assuming it is or you wouldn't even hear your audio in iMovie.

If you have QT Pro you can have a look at edit/enable tracks in the menus. That will show if your audio track is there and switched on.

I suppose one way to check if it is seeing the audio would be to do the following:

Go to share as before

Click on QT

Select expert settings ( don't worry - we're not going to complete this )

Click share

You'll now get a dialogue box. Click options

You'll now see your video and audio settings

If the audio box is uncheckable iMovie thinks there is no audio on your project.

Failing this your best bet might be to trash iMovie and reinstall.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    lincolnlincoln Posts: 11member
    Alright boys and girls... It looks like the project is corrupt. I tried creating a new project with no issues, so what does this mean? Who knows, I'm too new to MAC to understand anything. But thanks to all the folks out there who provided feedback.