x-cp

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This one website suggests that we replace TCP-IP with XCP a XML based protocol stack. The rationale is flawed. With the advent of IP6, I doubt if this will ever take off, but I wonder if morons like these helped build the .com bubble.

http://www.x-cp.org

Quote:

For several years now, it has been apparent that the traditional connection-oriented model of services that use TCP/IP does not scale to the current Internet architecture. Many of the reasons for this are too low-level for this document._ At the 50,000 foot level, there are three major impediments to the scalability of the legacy architecture:

The backbones of the Internet are now way too fast._ In the 1970s no one thought things were going to move like this.

Network applications are much "chattier" than they used to be, to some extent because the backbones are so fast that they can (be). Development and analysis of these chatty applications is way too difficult given the speed with which the messages are flying around and the sheer number of messages that are out there.

The legacy control protocols are too tightly packed. This makes it very difficult for third parties (e.g., routers, firewalls, and the US Department of Homeland Security) to analyze the traffic as it flows by

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dfryerdfryer Posts: 140member
    I disagree. XCP is a brilliant way to leverage XML to provide end-to-end connectivity. By dialoguing over the network medium, this provides a platform on which we can build complete solutions that provide value.

XCP enables utilisation of existing networks, which were built during the "dot com era" but now lie dormant because there is no traffic to take advantage of them.

Since end-user bandwidth remains limited, I think we should focus on implementing XCP on the core internet routers which have bandwidth to spare.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    XCP... one heck of a solution. Now if only we could find the problem...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.