DVD Copy

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I need to COPY a DVD that was made in iDVD and contains three quicktimes. It is all material that we own, no pirating.

Is there a way to copy the disc exactly using disk utility or something?

I don't have any third party DVD burning software.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    You can using disk utility since there is no encryption on it and it's not dual layer. Make a disc image from it and then just burn that image.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

You can using disk utility since there is no encryption on it and it's not dual layer. Make a disc image from it and then just burn that image.

I tried that and it created a .cdr file. Is that correct?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    It should probably be a .dmg or something, but .cdr might work. I've done it before, just check the format of the disc image, it would be UDF or something like that.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    beigeanbeigean Posts: 10member
    create new image from device, CD/DVD Master, and you should end up with a *.cdr.dmg file.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nanonano Posts: 179member
    Quote:

Originally posted by beigean

create new image from device, CD/DVD Master, and you should end up with a *.cdr.dmg file.

i always end up with .cdr when doing a master but it used to be .cdr.dmg till 10.3 for me
  • Reply 6 of 6
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,561member
    You get the instructions from Apple here.

Probably when you made a copy of the disk you missed the step about telling Disk Utility that this is a DVD master.

We just did this the other day making about 10 copies of a project with no problems.