iPod minis ANYwhere?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm getting a little worried now... I put my name down on the waiting lists on two of my local stores about 2 weeks ago hoping I'd be able to get one after about a week. This morning I called one of the stores and I was told they haven't received a shipment in about 3 weeks and they're not expecting any for 2 more. Keep in mind that these are Apple Retail Stores, not any old reseller (and keep the "Apple is screwing resellers" discussion out of here, please. )

I wanted to get my fiancee a mini for her birthday and I thought I was being smart by thinking ahead.... I guess not.

Anybody have access to a store with ANY? I may need your assistance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    just be patient! you'll get yours before tons of other people.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Damn, it's been THREE full months!
  • Reply 3 of 15
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I saw one at the beach the other day

silver too.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i haven't seen any anywhere, but, this is vermont, the great vacuum of lifelessness.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I saw one at the beach the other day

silver too.

Really?

I've taken my iPod to the beach once but decided it's a place a pod just shouldn't go.

Something about sand and iPods gives me the heebies.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    a friend of my got a pink one.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I'm not asking WHERE you've seen them, I'm asking if any stores have them. Sheesh. I can't find them in the stores anywhere around here. I've got til Saturday to track one down....
  • Reply 8 of 15
    chaserchaser Posts: 63member
    WOW, Saturday, good luck... I would say look on ebay, or if you're lucky and find one on the internet then select the best shipping method. I haven't seen any iPods in any stores...ever... But I finally ordered from the Apple Store, actually two, and they won't be shipping untill 4/30/04* I hope your blessed, that would be a great present...

*Date being the latest possible date of arrival according to Apple Store...
  • Reply 9 of 15
    chaserchaser Posts: 63member
    Woah, don't go to ebay, unless you plan on spending $350+ on a iPod mini... Rediculous.

However, there's free FedEx overnight... These may be your only option if you want it before Saturday, otherwise I didn't find them anywhere, no Best Buys, no Circuit Citys, nowhere...

Here's the iPod mini's at ebay... $350 and rising!
  • Reply 10 of 15
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I'm not asking WHERE you've seen them, I'm asking if any stores have them. Sheesh. I can't find them in the stores anywhere around here. I've got til Saturday to track one down....

Oh ok, ok. Nah I can't help you with the iPod mini. What about the other store you've ordered one through? Anyway, I'm sure you know they're in short supply so I'd say at this point in time your chances are buckley's and none.

So this is your only option. Give her a gift certificate whatever so she can get the iPod mini once they're available again. Tizz it up a bit and make sure she understands you DID try to plan ahead and didn't just forget.

Duck out and get her something nice to give her on the day (might I suggest jewellery). Yes it's going to end up costing you more but that's just the way it is.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    I decided as a spur of the moment thing to get a mini (I already have a 30G). Well guess what, nobody has them. Apple's web site quotes 3-5 weeks (regular buyer or student discount), the local Apple store has no idea when they'll get more, all the other resellers around me are out too.

Where are all those people who supposedly would come to their senses and buy a 15GB iPod for only $50 more?
  • Reply 12 of 15
    niconico Posts: 50member
    I'm from italy and i have the silver one.

bye

Nico
  • Reply 13 of 15
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nico

I'm from italy and i have the silver one.

bye

Nico

and you got yours from...
  • Reply 14 of 15
    niconico Posts: 50member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

and you got yours from...

A friend that works in NY

full reportage at http://www.macitynet.it/immagini/test/ipodminic/
  • Reply 15 of 15
    artguyartguy Posts: 7member
    I too needed/wanted an iPod MINI reallllly bad! I scoured every store known to carry them, and then realized there was one place I hadn't looked - Filene's. This is a swanky department store owned by the May Stores company (Robinsons, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom) I called a few of the local stores and found a ready supply in their Marlboro, Massachusetts store. Believe it or not, they sell them in the housewares department!! They had silver and gold. I opted for silver, as I was sick of waiting for my green one on order with Apple to show up. So there ya go! Good luck and happy hunting!!!! PS - Silver ROCKS!! It matches my powerbook and Sony Ericsson T616 phone (I wish they made a cell phone in the MINI's case) --------- Kurt