Entourage question.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm fairly new to the Mac. I've been trying Enourage out and it seems o.k. but I can't get it to display newsgroups the way I want. When I was using Windows I'd use Outlook Express. When viewing newsgroups I had it sort by date threaded.

With Entourage It will let me do one or the other but not both. So I can view the messages by date but they aren't threaded. Or I can view them threaded but not by date. Is there a way to do both?

Thanks,

Kyle

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    You might want to look into several of the excellent options for newsreaders out there. Of hand, I can think of 3 that are better than Entourage.

There's MTNewsWatcher, Panic's Unison, and Thoth. You may also want to check out the results from a search on macupdate for newsreaders. BTW, macupdate.com is a great resource for finding software.

Good luck.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    Entourage isn't the greatest app for reading nntp (usenet). Your best bet is to use one of the apps mentioned above. If you are a newbie to usenet or want something simple, Unison is great. if you want to be a power user Thoth and MT-Newswatcher are the programs to beat. You may want to go with MT-NW, since Thoth is no longer being developed. Although MT-NW is on a slow development pace. Also note that of those 3 programs, MT-NW is free.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ifdudeifdude Posts: 6member
    I'm not new to usenet. I just liked the 3 pane interface of Outlook Express. I'm already using Unison for binary files. I love it.

I just like the 3 pane thing when I'm reading messages.

Thanks for all the info guys.

I've used a lot of different types of computers. From Commodores to Linux based computers and everything in between. I have to say I absolutely love Mac OS X. It's so intuitive. I'm never going back to Winblows. I've always liked working on computers. But I love using my Mac. :-)

Later,

Kyle