Windows Calender with iPod

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey everyone, I have a quick question regarding any Windows calender programs. In the near future, I am buying both a laptop and an iPod. Right now I'm torn between a PC and a Mac for the laptop. One feature I like with mac is that with iCal, you can sync to your iPod and have your calender events and contacts on the iPod. Does Windows have any sort of equivalent program that could sync events and contacts onto my iPod? Thanks.

weldon.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Palm desktop will probably save vCal files but you have to manually save them to the "calendars" directly on your iPod. It works for OS X.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by weldon7

Hey everyone, I have a quick question regarding any Windows calender programs. In the near future, I am buying both a laptop and an iPod. Right now I'm torn between a PC and a Mac for the laptop. One feature I like with mac is that with iCal, you can sync to your iPod and have your calender events and contacts on the iPod. Does Windows have any sort of equivalent program that could sync events and contacts onto my iPod? Thanks.

weldon.

welcome to AI! i know i'm biased a little, but i would strongly recommend getting a mac laptop. if you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to post them. Mac OS X is an excellent operating system, and i think you'd be surprised how much you would end up liking your mac if you got one.

-ipod

ps- i dont know of any such windows programs.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    To get you started, there are various tools to export Outlook's calendar to the iPod: http://www.google.com/search?q=ipod+outlook
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Hey all, thanks for the help, but it is a moot point now. I decided to go with a mac laptop afterall. Even after extensive searching, I couldn't find a PC equivalent to what I had in the mac. Or, if I could, it was closer to $2000 than the $1300 my iBook will cost. So, disaster averted, I'm buying a Mac.

Weldon.