Wishy Washy Bush

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It seems quite clear that the Bush re-election strategy is to paint Kerry as an indecisive, tax crazy liberal.

Just for kicks and giggles, how many reversals/policy changes can you think of that Bush is guilty of?

Off-hand I can think of...

1. Against nation building before election, for it after.

2. For regulating CO2 as pollutant before election, against it after.

3. Against Rice testifying for important constitutional reasons, for it after polls show dip.

There's obviously many more hypocritical things Bush has done, but I struggle to phrase them in these catchy For-then-against soundbites. Help me out...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I'm sure NaplesX and dmz have a list they'll be glad to share with you...

(Your asking for a flame-thread my friend, I'll give it 'til morning before the shiny clinker is attached).
  • Reply 2 of 7
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Look no further than here: President Bush- Flip Flopper in Chief (Center for American Progress)
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Look no further than here: President Bush- Flip Flopper in Chief (Center for American Progress)

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Incidently, I wasn't looking for a flame war. I think even the die hard republicans here are smart enough to recognize rhetoric when they see it.

I'm not saying Kerry's campaign is squeeky clean, but the flip-flop nonsense is insulting. Frankly, I wouldn't deride Bush for changing his mind on nation building, only for acting like he never changed his mind.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nordstrodamus

Frankly, I wouldn't deride Bush for changing his mind on nation building, only for acting like he never changed his mind. [/B]

Well, it is true that Bush hasn't done any "nation building" as such. Afghanistan is no better off now than under the Taliban, except they now have 6000 less people and lots more buildings flattened. Iraq is in chaos with 'democracy" (!) the unlikeliest outcome of the war. And he's slowly but surely destroying everything that's decent about America.

• Reply 5 of 7
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Talk about your total reversals...

Rebuilding nations?

Naw, we wrecked 'em!

Oh yeah, and the obligatory "what, another Bush-bashing thread??", before someone else gets it in.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    What about John Kerry? "I voted for the 87 billion before i voted against it" Unless he votes in Miami-Dade county, Fl, that seems nearly impossible. so do you call Kerry wishy washy or a flipper or a liar or incompass all of the above and call him a Modern Democrat?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

What about John Kerry? "I voted for the 87 billion before i voted against it" Unless he votes in Miami-Dade county, Fl, that seems nearly impossible. so do you call Kerry wishy washy or a flipper or a liar or incompass all of the above and call him a Modern Democrat?

the moral of the story is. who cares!?