1GB PC 3200 GDR

Superdrive Pioneer Dvr-a07

ATI RAdeon 9800XT

250 GB Serial ATA

3 compatible 267MHz NCV-X slots backward with NCV-X 1.0

link

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    That's last Tuesday's prediction. Old news.

Thanks for playing though.
  • Reply 2 of 46
    Welcome to next week dude... We've been there a week now..
  • Reply 3 of 46
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    what!

it's next week already?

• Reply 4 of 46
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    say how many months until the 12 month 3GHz deadline ?

seems to me that jacking it up 'till only 2,6GHz will leave little time to update to 3GHz. delaying the the update could mean that they're gonna jump a GHZ in one go....

perhaps wishful thinking, but hey! a promis is a promis !
  • Reply 5 of 46
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    No new product of any kind until after the April 14th Quarterly conference call this coming week.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Who cares... (did I really say that?!)

Yes... I did! You see, the problem is Apple is way past the 'wow' factor and unless it's a really shocking update (whenever it occurs) it'll be "HO HUM" to more and more people (like me) all because of long wait between updates. I'm sure it's not totally Apples fault but the fact still remain that there IS a 'sweet-spot' for 'the time between updates' and if new products hit at that time people will talk about it and be excited about them.. Well, we're way past that time and some people (myself for one) are already getting sick of 'talking about it' (hearing about it) when the machines aren't even here yet.

Dave
  • Reply 7 of 46
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I predict there will be a lot of new music added to the iTunes Music store, and I'll buy some of it.
  • Reply 8 of 46
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    They're probably going to release the new G5s in the summer, with up to 3GHz (or close to)...

Those predictions don't work, Apple doesn't supply the highest end graphics cards in the stock configurations (and doesn't make any sense to).
  • Reply 9 of 46
    According to the Appleinsider front page, Apple explained to resellers that they would be updating professional products (PowerMac G5s, Displays) at WWDC at the end of June. I really wouldn't expect any updates to the PowerMacs until then. They have passed the point of return. They might as well wait until WWDC to make it a big "One-year anniversary of the G5" event by announcing new PowerMac and iMac G5 models. Personally I think they have planned to do it this way since January.
  • Reply 10 of 46
    Could this thread be any more redundant and pointless?
  • Reply 11 of 46
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Could this thread be any more redundant and pointless?

Could this comment be any more redundant and pointless?
  • Reply 12 of 46
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KANE

Could this comment be any more redundant and pointless?

This one is way too easy...
  • Reply 13 of 46
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Discussing rumors about unannonuced products (whether new or updated) "long overdue" from Apple is the favorite pastime of Mac zealots, fans and websites . This thread is in that redundancy... er, tradition. So what else is new?
  • Reply 14 of 46
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    If new displays are ready, even if tower upgrades are slow coming, would Apple delay introduction of the displays too? I doubt it. Why delay something if it's ready?

April/May is a traditional time for PowerBook and iBook speed bumps. I'm expect those soon and new displays too. As for Tuesday, who knows?
  • Reply 15 of 46
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    You all bashed me when I said months ago that Apple would wait for WWDC before updating PowerMacs, but all I heard was incremental update, incremental update, and there is no way Apple would go from 2.GHz straight to 3GHz,,and they needed an update in between. It's just not going to happen.

Honestly... What do you think now?

Do you really think they will speed bump them, and then release faster ones in 2 months?
  • Reply 16 of 46
    Apple could always introduce a speed bumped model or two Tuesday or whenever and then bring out a top-o'line 3Ghz model in September. Nothing says that the whole line needs to be upgraded all at once. In fact it might be better for everyone if it wasn't.
  • Reply 17 of 46
    big macbig mac Posts: 480member
    There's no precedent for such a development, iDave.
  • Reply 18 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Big Mac

There's no precedent for such a development, iDave.

Um, well, shortly after the G5s started shipping, there was a minor revision and price adjustment to one (or two) of the models. (Can't remember the details.)

edit: I think it was to make the single 1.8Ghz model a dual.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDave

Um, well, shortly after the G5s started shipping, there was a minor revision and price adjustment to one (or two) of the models. (Can't remember the details.)

edit: I think it was to make the single 1.8Ghz model a dual.

Yes, it was to "dual-ify" the 1.8
  • Reply 20 of 46
    NAB will bring the suprise i've been waiting fore! NEW PowerMacs !!!!