Help me buy a photo printer

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just bought a Canon Powershot S50 camera(up from an Olympus C-3030 Zoom), and now I'd like to upgrade my printer. Right now I have a Epson Stylus Color 880 and an HP Deskjet 5550.

Most pictures I take are of water scenes, mainly the Pacific Northwest and lakes in Oregon and Washington.

So far I've been looking at the Canon i960, but I'm wondering what else I should consider.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

So far I've been looking at the Canon i960, but I'm wondering what else I should consider. [/B]

Maybe the new Canon 900, but that's about it. Go with a Canon 6-color photo printer and you won't be disappointed. This from a former Epson man...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    If it is just for photos and you don't need A4 or US letter size prints, why not check out the Canon "dye-sub" printers? They're made specifically for printing photos and some have pict bridge technology (I think).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

Maybe the new Canon 900, but that's about it. Go with a Canon 6-color photo printer and you won't be disappointed. This from a former Epson man...

I have an Epson R300 (which I just bought about a month ago). The prints are absolutely amazing! I'm really satisfied with this printer- it even works over airport, has USB 2.0, (I think PICTbridge compatible), and a built in card reader. Oh yeah- it can print directly on CDs too....
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the i960 for photos and keep my old printer for text.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I just bought the i960 for $180 at amazon.com. It is the most amazing printer I've ever owned, and the ink lasts much longer than any Epson. Not to mention you can print directly from your camera.