Making a Picture DVD - playing a TV and dvd player

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is there anyone out there who knows how to make a picture DVD where i can burn a laod of photo's from my PB and have them on a DVD so i can view them on my DVD player with my TV. I mean an external non computer DVD player.

Could you also let me know of the software i would need to do this.

I guess im after something like a KODAK PICTURE CD (does this come in DVD fromat, is there a KODAK program???)

Thanks please let me know as much as you can.

Summarize:

What software/programs do i need.

How can i make a PICTURE DVD.

ALSO:

If i can inlcude MPEG's or AVI's from my IXUS 500 (S500) digital camera what programs do i need and what do i need to do! thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Easiest way to make a photo DVD:

Automated Slideshow:

create an album of your desired pics in iPhoto, then go to Export>Quicktime, and the default settings should be fine. Export it and import that video file into iDVD as you would any other. Once it is burned, put it in a DVD player and open up the slideshow movie, then set the player to repeat (if you want it to loop).

Manual Slideshow:

open up a finder window, navigate to your album under "iPhoto Library," and drag the folder on to the DVD menu of you choice. Set the slide duration to manual, and check 'display arrows.'

**You can only have 99 photos per show using this method**

Importing digital camera movies:

For mpeg's, plug in your camera so that it mounts on the desktop, then open up iMovie, go to 'Import,' and navigate to your files. When importing, it will resize your videos as needed. Export as usual.

**I don't know how to do AVI's, but start by trying the same method**

i know i'm forgetting something, so i'll post it if i remember.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    In iLife '04:

1. Create an album in iPhoto.

2. Click the iDVD button at bottom of window.

3. Set options in iDVD.

4. Burn.

Wow.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Sorry for being such a spaz. I took some time to actually look at the new iphoto and idvd features and realised how stupid my post must have looked!

Im a spazz.

EDIT: actually with the manual slideshow can i control that from say my DVD remote so that i can go through the photos one at a time on the tv screen? can it show up a whole bunch of thumbnails and i can navigate them???

Thanks again for your replies! awesome info! Your both legends!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by locopano

Sorry for being such a spaz. I took some time to actually look at the new iphoto and idvd features and realised how stupid my post must have looked!

Im a spazz.

EDIT: actually with the manual slideshow can i control that from say my DVD remote so that i can go through the photos one at a time on the tv screen? can it show up a whole bunch of thumbnails and i can navigate them???

Thanks again for your replies! awesome info! Your both legends!

no you cant navigate thumbnails with your dvd remote, but manual show does allow you to use the left and right arrows on the remote to go to the next slide. it's great after a vacation when you wanna talk about all your pics but dont wanna get tons of actual prints.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Thats still awessome.

OK one last QUESTION (hopefully)

When you say you can have only 99 photo's per show, do you mean 99 per DVD disk, or can i have multiple 'shows' per DVD disk with 99 photos in each show? Does that make sense.

What im trying to say can i have multiple shows on the DVD disk so that im not wasting a DVD for only 99 photos. I have a 5MP camera and the files are 2MB each so at 99x 2MB im only using 198MB of 4.7GB storage capacity. Is there a way to put them to CD instead of DVD if this is the case (only 99 photo's - or 1 show per DVD disk)

I hope this is making sense!

Thanks Again!

• Reply 6 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    iDunno. Try it and find out.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by locopano

Thats still awessome.

OK one last QUESTION (hopefully)

When you say you can have only 99 photo's per show, do you mean 99 per DVD disk, or can i have multiple 'shows' per DVD disk with 99 photos in each show? Does that make sense.

What im trying to say can i have multiple shows on the DVD disk so that im not wasting a DVD for only 99 photos. I have a 5MP camera and the files are 2MB each so at 99x 2MB im only using 198MB of 4.7GB storage capacity. Is there a way to put them to CD instead of DVD if this is the case (only 99 photo's - or 1 show per DVD disk)

I hope this is making sense!

Thanks Again!

you can have up to 6 shows of 99 pics EACH per EACH MENU