Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I saw this movie over the weekend.

I consider myself a movie snob.

This was a ver very very good movie . . . . I would even say that it borders on being Great.

The script is by Charlie Kaufman, who wrote Being John Malchovic and Adaptation, and the Direction is by Michal Gondry.

They did Human Nature together . . . which is definitly worth seeing but not nearly as good

This is the perfect fir for Gondry as it is about a dream-like environment -lived memories that are admixt with imagination- and a perfect realm for Kaufman: memory and experience

Awesome movie

Anybody else see it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Yeah I saw it last week, I was very impressed, not only did the movie have lots of interesting things going on, but it also wrapped up nicely, and felt like it was a complete work. Often times movies leave me like "okay, but what about such and such?" but with Eternal sunshine, I just felt "that was really enjoyable...yup" After the movie, my friends and I were thinking about it, and we didn't really have any 'issues' with the movie, because it all fell together so well.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Anybody even tangentially involved with Adaptation gets a rental.

It should be worlds-away better than the standard crack-induced Eisner aparitions.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Really liked it a lot.

I think Kaufman's growing as a writer, the tentative movement toward the possibility of real relationships is new and beautifly handled.

Gondry's the perfect director for this kind of thing, he has that light touch that makes fantasy seem very immediate.

Gotta say, remarkable performance by Carrey. After "The Truman Show" you could see that he could handle dramatic roles, but his work in this movie suggests he could be a kind of contemporary Jimmy Stewart-- someone fundamentally decent that you can relate to, but who still can behave badly.

Anyone know Gondry's video of Daft Punk's "Around the World"? One of my all time favorites.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I thought it was a charming movie, for lack of a better term. I'm REALLY big into movies that have scenarios that are so unrealistic that it's specifically designed to get you to think outside the box as to "what if?"
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

It should be worlds-away better than the standard crack-induced Eisner aparitions.

Well, he's going to need an extra hit of the pipe to deal with "The Alamo"

\
  • Reply 6 of 9
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Saw it, loved it, but I'm also a big fan of both.

If you didn't get it already:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I loved it. As one of my friends put it: "This movie redeems Carrey and Winslet for all the crap they've done."
  • Reply 8 of 9
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Saw it, loved it, but I'm also a big fan of both.

If you didn't get it already:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Awwesome . . .I've been watching these individually on eBay . . . I would have missed this deal. . . thanks
  • Reply 9 of 9
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Winslet is astoundingly beautifull!!

always . . .