New eMacs - UK availability

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'd like to order a new eMac for my sister's family, but if I go to the UK AppleStore website, only the previous generation of eMac is available.

Does anybody know if the new eMac is available immediately? Or is it a wait 4 weeks scenario?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    donny1donny1 Posts: 33member
    Who knows? I have been 'pricing up' for a family member but if they wanted to order one straight away, they can't? Do you think AppleUK forgot to update the store?

And one more thing , why only one page devoted to the eMac? AppleUS have about four or five devoted to graphics, software etc., we only get one. Weird.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    gullivergulliver Posts: 122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiah

I'd like to order a new eMac for my sister's family, but if I go to the UK AppleStore website, only the previous generation of eMac is available.

Does anybody know if the new eMac is available immediately? Or is it a wait 4 weeks scenario?

They are not available anywhere outside the US. All European AppleStores still list the 1GHz-model.

At least there is only a small "outside-US-penalty" this time (+8% compared to US-prices).
  • Reply 3 of 9
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Donny1

why only one page devoted to the eMac? AppleUS have about four or five devoted to graphics, software etc., we only get one. Weird.

I assume you can still read the pages on Apple US site. I don't think that Apple UK would have different descriptions of Apple's software/hardware, apart from spelling.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    gulliver u are mistaken, we have them update up hear in canada. sometimes it is benficial to be neighbours to the US
  • Reply 5 of 9
    donny1donny1 Posts: 33member
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

I assume you can still read the pages on Apple US site. I don't think that Apple UK would have different descriptions of Apple's software/hardware, apart from spelling.

Yeah, but if someone is thinking of buying and there is just one page, might not occur to them to go to Apple US. It doesn't take up too much more space to have a couple more pages. Still, this is Apple UK we are talking about.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    gullivergulliver Posts: 122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

gulliver u are mistaken, we have them update up hear in canada. sometimes it is benficial to be neighbours to the US

They are available now - even in Europe!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    yeah, UK apple store says 1-3 days for both models

We might buy a couple to replace our creaking old Sawtooth PMacs
  • Reply 8 of 9
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    the homepage has a small graphic with the new price and features. but the store has the old model. odd!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    try reloading the page they are there and you can order them

R