DVD SP Chapter Question - URGENT!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello,

This has probably been covered many times before, but I'm in a ridiculous time crunch right now. So...

I have a very long piece of media. I want to have many chapters, but want the chapters to behave like tracks. In other words, after the completion of each chapter, I want the disc to go back to the menu. Is there a simple scripting solution for this, or is it even more obvious.

Note - I haven't done much scripting - so I'm kind of in the dark.

I realize this is a very basic question, but any help would be greatly appreciated, as this has to be done in three hours...

Thank you,

Matt

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    The place I interned at last summer ran into this. What they had to end up doing was breaking apart each chapter as separate files, in addition to the one file that played them all with chapter markers. They were using DVDSP 1.5, though, so you might still have a chance with 2.0.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Obviously this is way past your deadline and you probably know how to do it by now, but I was reading my Peachpit book on DVDSP, and "Stories" are the key to what you were after. Instead of explaining, just go to a bookstore, find the Visual Quickstart Guide to DVD Studio Pro2 by Peachpit, and go to the section about Stories. Basically it allows you to mix and match (or isolate) the order of chapters without adding extra tracks and video to the DVD. I did some tests today and works exactly how you wanted it.

Enjoy.

-ipod