"Apple" two button mouse...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Or I should say <a href="http://www.kensington.com/products/pro_mic_d1477.html"; target="_blank">Kensington</a>. For everyone whining about Apple not having a two button mouse, this looks like a great replacement. Now quit whining! If you don't like it, just buy another mouse!



[ 06-11-2002: Message edited by: wolfeye155 ]</p>

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 16
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Is this piece of hardware currently available?



    <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=2"; target="_blank">Click me and be amazed</a>!



    J :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 16
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Edit: Wow, the admin staff/mods are so efficient around here!



    J :cool:
  • Reply 3 of 16
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    <a href="http://www.dumpcomputers.com/crysneonopmo.html"; target="_blank">http://www.dumpcomputers.com/crysneonopmo.html</a>;



    For more of a Pro Mouse look (also in white, silver and *ahem* purple). Listed as being for Windoze, but OS X can support any mouse can't it? so this is an option?
  • Reply 4 of 16
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    Whoa...why was my topic locked? Sorry if someone already posted this. Anyway, you can only pre-order now but I plan to buy one once it becomes available. The other mouse posted above doesn't seem as much of a solution because, while it looks good, you have to rock it side to side and that seems like it would be a little akward. Plus on the Kensington they have a scoll sensor which is pretty cool IMO.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I wish it's a five-button mouse
  • Reply 6 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by ajprice:

    <strong><a href="http://www.dumpcomputers.com/crysneonopmo.html"; target="_blank">http://www.dumpcomputers.com/crysneonopmo.html</a>;



    For more of a Pro Mouse look (also in white, silver and *ahem* purple). Listed as being for Windoze, but OS X can support any mouse can't it? so this is an option?</strong><hr></blockquote>



    That thing's disgusting looking.



    As for the Kensington mouse, it's really cool looking.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    gordygordy Posts: 970member
    I ordered this [Kensington] mouse seconds after seeing on the back page of the latest MacWorld.



    You think you're drooling now, look at the scroll wheel--wait, that's no wheel...
  • Reply 8 of 16
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    [quote]Originally posted by ajprice:

    <strong>For more of a Pro Mouse look (also in white, silver and *ahem* purple). Listed as being for Windoze, but OS X can support any mouse can't it? so this is an option?</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Looks okay to me. I'm not sure what the problem people have with the look of this mouse. It does look more in line with the Pro mouse than that Kensington tacky chrome thing. If Apple unveiled it, people would say it's so cool.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by satchmo:

    <strong>



    Looks okay to me. I'm not sure what the problem people have with the look of this mouse. It does look more in line with the Pro mouse than that Kensington tacky chrome thing. If Apple unveiled it, people would say it's so cool.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    I bought one late last year, and have tried to use it. As nice and cool as it looks, it's not very nice to use, very unintuitive unfortunately.



    Yes, it does work with OS X.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    Gordy, that's the same place I saw it. The mouse definitely caught my eye.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    I want to be able to movethe cursor with my mind. No musocles involved.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    cdhostage: imagine how fat everyone would be if we could control everything with our mind! <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />
  • Reply 13 of 16
    macubusmacubus Posts: 95member
    [quote]Originally posted by wolfeye155:

    <strong>cdhostage: imagine how fat everyone would be if we could control everything with our mind! <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>



    Like people aren't fat now? 60% of Americans are listed as overweight....or was it obese? Oh well, either way, it's not good.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    I didn't say people aren't overweight now, I'm just saying if everthing was powered through our brain, we would probably just use little hovercraft type machines to float around. We'd be to big to walk.



    P.S. I'm sorry I guess I was a little rude with my comment. It does make sense though.



    [ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: wolfeye155 ]</p>
  • Reply 15 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by wolfeye155:

    <strong>cdhostage: imagine how fat everyone would be if we could control everything with our mind! <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>



    That would be so cool.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    &gt;It does look more in line with the Pro mouse than that Kensington tacky chrome thing. If Apple unveiled it, people would say it's so cool.



    i agree its ugly as hell. yeah its got the quicksilver 'look'. but, not the quicksilver 'style'.



    not a valid argument, however, that it would be 'cool' if apple unveiled it. they would never unveil something that ugly.



    style is so subjective anyway. but, i've never found anything apple released remotely ugly. the powers that be at apple understand what Sony has for decades. not style over substance--style *AND* substance.
Sign In or Register to comment.