Please support someone...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...in this year's MS Walk.

I would like to ask that you support, through donation, the fight against Multiple Sclerosis. This is something that is important to me as it affects my family and friends. I know that for the most part we're strangers; I mean, there are many names on this board I recognize from the years I've been reading and posting, but in the end, we know so very little about one-another (there are exceptions of course). So I understand if you do not wish to sponsor a stranger.

If you know someone who is doing the MS Walk this weekend, please support them. If you don't know anyone, and you would like to support MS, please go to one of the many organizations that are working to help those that suffer from MS, e.g. www.nmss.org

If you would like to sponsor me personally, you can even go straight to my pledge link (below). Note: I only benefit from this in two ways, one the more funding received, the more likely that in my lifetime my family and friends will personally benefit. To be upfront, I also benefit in that the more I raise, of course NMSS likes to give prizes. I'm only up-front about this because I want you to know that is NOT my motivation for posting, but I don't want someone coming along and acussing me of such. So yes, the more I raise, the possibility exists that I'll get a baseball hat, or sweatshirt, or a $50 gift certificate to some shopping mall, but I hope you understand the real reason for this post.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Here is my link:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/ho...0040417SNO&pt=

If you have problems with that link, then you can go to the "find a sponsor" page and enter my last name "Putman" and choose "Washington" state, and then you should get a link that would let you sponsor me (Chris) or my wife (Lisa):

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/pledge/

Thanks for supporting the MS Walk!

Sincerely,

Chris Putman

a.k.a. fuzz_ball

PS - Some of you might think the walk is over because some areas held it on different dates. In my area they are holding two walks, one in Seattle on 4-17 and the other in Snohomish on 4-18. My wife and I are doing the Snohomish walk, so there's still time to pledge.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    It is probably not something to laugh at, but for the first 2 paragraphs I thought you were talking about Microsoft (MS). Got a chuckle out of that. I'm going to hell.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

It is probably not something to laugh at, but for the first 2 paragraphs I thought you were talking about Microsoft (MS). Got a chuckle out of that. I'm going to hell.

LOL! Yeah, it's all about context. I guess I should have spelled it out at least once