London's Calling

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i will soon have a reason to visit London other than the wonderful local cuisine....

nice for our english friends

g

ps...what's up with the photos?? are they photoshopped?? all the employees have nice teeth??? won't apple employee any british people at this store?

hehe

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    That teeth remark would get you banned in AO, little mister.

In those pics, I thought Michelle was a young man, until I clicked her pic and saw her name. I suppose that remark would get ME banned?

Anyway, it's great that they're getting a store.

I still cannot believe Nashville is without an Apple Store. It's every bit as hip and modern as Atlanta (which, according to non-Southerners, is the only city in the South that matters). Nashville has a hopping art community, TWO major league sports teams (Titans and Predators, both of which don't suck).

And they have somewhat of a small music community too...most people don't know that.

But seriously...due to the art, sports and music scene (and all the marketing/design jobs that support them) I find it really strange that Apple hasn't planted a flag in that particular Mac-friendly town. IT'S the L.A. of the South, not Atlanta.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member

and here

hey i'm half irish, half scottish by descent...it is my heritage and god given right to poke fun at my english brethren

g
  • Reply 3 of 15
    I'm of the same background. But there's a crackdown on that sort of thing. Screw it, though...I make fun of anyone, anytime.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, you know. I mean, have ever se...never mind.

[ducks]
  • Reply 4 of 15
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    British mod keeping an eye on this thread...
  • Reply 5 of 15
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    jeez louise...you would think i was howard stern or something...

i love my british friends and brethren and wish them well with their new apple store...

just a little loving ribbing of their bland cuisine and dental attributes...

my eldest daughter is traveling to london next summer to hit some london theater productions...please keep an eye on her and keep her safe...i would, quite literally, die without her

and i'm pretty sure i slept with beckham last year...he fed me strawberries and made me feel like a million dollars...

g
  • Reply 6 of 15
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    back to the subject at hand... if you flip back and forth between max and megan's pictures you get a weird morphing effect...
  • Reply 7 of 15
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    pscates, not to mention the Tennessee Volunteers football program is one of the biggest in the nation. Their stadium holds well over 100,000 fans and Phillip Fulmer has built himself quite a dynasty there over the years. Of course, Penn State slams them every time we play you guys but that's besides the point....Tennessee is really a huge sports state.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

and here

<sea captain>

Arrrr that's going to replace the whale in me nightmares

</sea captain>
  • Reply 9 of 15
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

and here

g

Some of those decay picture at least make sense. I mean, they are clearly from the mouths of humans that just don't take care of their teeth. But it's stuff like this:

http://www.4bitterguys.com/cgi-bin/schlabo/sp.pl?/rants/teeth/fall04a[1].jpg

that really weirds me out. Is that human or werewolf?
  • Reply 10 of 15
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Beautiful people for beautiful computers!

Hey you Nashville Cat, hope you DO get your own store....meanwhile, don't hesitate about visiting us down here in the ATL. We don't WANT to be the LA of the South (you do know that's Lower Alabama don't you?)....we're calling ourselves the Floston Paradise of the south now!

And I'd be the one who was catching the smackdown on the toothy brit comments over in AO. Note that ALL of my family surnames are of British and Scottish origin...it's a gaelic/anglo-saxon thing, you wouldn't understand~

Apple. A computer you can really sink your teeth into, all four of them!
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Right stop the tooth bashing!!

If, let's say for arguments sake , Brits have bad teeth, it's more likely down to the fact that dentists are the most extortionate people in the world.

Back on topic:

Apple have picked a good spot for the store, if not the most expensive.

All the celebs and high rollers will be in there like a shot switching once they see the elegance of how these stores look inside and out.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    i wanna know when there will be a nice big Apple store on the Champs Elysee here in Paris.

I mean, Paris *IS* where Europe HQ is after all and the market is pretty good here. I've met quite a lot of very very hardened Mac zealots here. Pretty cool
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

my eldest daughter is traveling to london next summer to hit some london theater productions...please keep an eye on her and keep her safe...i would, quite literally, die without her

I can happily point her in the direction of some seriously brilliant, more underground, theatre in London when she's here.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

pscates, not to mention the Tennessee Volunteers football program is one of the biggest in the nation. Their stadium holds well over 100,000 fans and Phillip Fulmer has built himself quite a dynasty there over the years. Of course, Penn State slams them every time we play you guys but that's besides the point....Tennessee is really a huge sports state.

The Vols are based in Knoxville!

About 100 miles EAST of Nashville. But Vanderbilt is in Nashville, so we'll go with that one.

I read that about 8 more stores were scheduled to open in 2004. Not counting the UK one, ONE of those 7 has to be Music City.

No, they'll probably stick two more in the L.A. area and another three in Chicago.

\