Pandora Tomorrow (Splinter Cell 2)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just got it. Love it. Amazing. What a blast. Anyone with me on this? Chime in? Id love to hear your comments!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

Just got it. Love it. Amazing. What a blast. Anyone with me on this? Chime in? Id love to hear your comments!

What platform? (I prefer XBOX but also own PS2 and GameCube, although the PS2 is broken from overplay).

Did you ever play the previous Splinter Cell? If so how does this one compare?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    quaremquarem Posts: 254member
    Great game. I got it for Xbox last week and have spent a couple hours on Xbox Live playing with my friends. Totally an excellent online game. It really turns hours into minutes. Hey if you are on Live add me to your friends list and we can play sometime. My gamertage is Quarem. No big surprise there.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

What platform? (I prefer XBOX but also own PS2 and GameCube, although the PS2 is broken from overplay).

Did you ever play the previous Splinter Cell? If so how does this one compare?

I have both the first Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow on Xbox. I have passed the first one and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I haven't gotten into the single player component of Pandora Tomorrow, but if it is anything like the multiplayer component it will be excellent.

The graphics seem to be a step up from the first one as well. My friend has played through a bit of single player and seems entertained. The only complaint I have heard about the sinlge player in Pandora Tomorrow is that it seems a little short. I defintely think it is a worth while purchase though, especially if you are on Xbox Live.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Quarem

I have both the first Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow on Xbox. I have passed the first one and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I haven't gotten into the single player component of Pandora Tomorrow, but if it is anything like the multiplayer component it will be excellent.

The graphics seem to be a step up from the first one as well. My friend has played through a bit of single player and seems entertained. The only complaint I have heard about the sinlge player in Pandora Tomorrow is that it seems a little short. I defintely think it is a worth while purchase though, especially if you are on Xbox Live.

Sweet, I'm sold. I wanted to get it but I'm particularly lazy, being unemployed and I can barely muster energy to go to the mall. (So I need another video game, naturally)

I'm finishing off last year's Conflict Desert Storm 2 : Back to Baghdad. Look ma! Weapons of Mass Destruction and no militant Islamists! (The Bush admin must be playing it as well!)

Then I gotta polish off the Ghost Recon Island Thunder game. and Rainbow 6.

Damn maybe I don't need another game just yet

nahhh....I'll get Pandora and Manhunt tomorrow.

I really want Operation Flashpoint to come out on XBOX. Think GTA3 freedom but with military. And LIVE support. Mmmm....
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Great game. I got it for Xbox last week and have spent a couple hours on Xbox Live playing with my friends. Totally an excellent online game. It really turns hours into minutes. Hey if you are on Live add me to your friends list and we can play sometime. My gamertage is Quarem. No big surprise there.

I'm 'alienz' on LIVE.

My only claim to fame is an untouchable #1 position on Burnout 2's online scoreboard.

I caused a traffic accident just right and my points went into the stratosphere. Hint: I caused the oncoming traffic to pile up in the tunnel you emerge from. (Most people merely speed ahead and cause the crash outside). The resulting busses and 18 wheelers and cars pinging and bouncing each other and the walls and ceiling around inside the tunnel was near glitch-like in it's scoring potential. Fun game albeit slightly arcadey for my tastes.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

I'm 'alienz' on LIVE.

My only claim to fame is an untouchable #1 position on Burnout 2's online scoreboard.

I caused a traffic accident just right and my points went into the stratosphere. Hint: I caused the oncoming traffic to pile up in the tunnel you emerge from. (Most people merely speed ahead and cause the crash outside). The resulting busses and 18 wheelers and cars pinging and bouncing each other and the walls and ceiling around inside the tunnel was near glitch-like in it's scoring potential. Fun game albeit slightly arcadey for my tastes.

Cool next time I'm on Live I'll add you to my friends list. I also have Rainbow Six 3 and I play that one every so often. I have school though, senior year of an engineering degree, so my skills are not quite near being number one at anything on Live.

Let us know how you like Pandora Tomorrow.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Cool next time I'm on Live I'll add you to my friends list. I also have Rainbow Six 3 and I play that one every so often. I have school though, senior year of an engineering degree, so my skills are not quite near being number one at anything on Live.

Let us know how you like Pandora Tomorrow.

When I get in the Rainbow 6 groove I can eventually attain #1 on live for a while, over the course of hours. So I think I'm only a tad above average. Plus it's the gun I use, the M16 I think. Basic but perfect for me.

I usually handicap myself my using claymore mines rather than a gun. On Live it makes for really suspenseful moments, and it's righteous to see someone come running into a room, spot me and then you know they can hear the click of the Claymore about to go off but always a split second too late.

So fun when they look down at it, look back up and by the time they spot me they are being blown up. I wish the world would put down the real weapons and all take out their aggressions in online games.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I forgot to mention I am on XBox too. Doing the LIve 60 trial now. My name is "iDiablo" on Live. Look me up for Pandora multiplayer fun!

I am under the moving train right now in single player. What a blast! Did you see those reflections in the train windows? Pretty cool stuff!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I just got the new Halo Xbox after my old one started getting DDEs (Dirty Disc Errors) every time I put in a game. The warranty covered it and since it was the 2nd Xbox I've owned to have these problems, I insisted on the Halo Xbox which has the supposedly better 'Samsung' drive.

I have the original Splinter Cell as well as the new Pandora Tomorrow game and both are excellent games. I beat the first Splinter Cell but haven't had the time to complete Pandora Tomorrow yet. I'll have some time this weekend, though, so I might be able to get through it.

Rainbow Six 3 used to be fun online, but now the only people that play are the annoying 12-14 year olds who have high pitched voices or use the annoying Robot voice mask while screaming all the swear words they know after they die.

Xbox Live used to be much better than it is now. I've learned recently that you can't ever play any sports games as people will just pause the game when they are losing with less than 10 seconds left in the game, 2 outs in the 9th inning, etc. They try and force you to quit the game because if you do, they get the win and you get a loss on your record. So it's either leave your Xbox on and hope they will unpause or quit the game, or quit the game yourself giving them a win and you a loss.

Xbox Live was a very good concept and still sounds good, but you can't prevent people from ruining it.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

Rainbow Six 3 used to be fun online, but now the only people that play are the annoying 12-14 year olds who have high pitched voices or use the annoying Robot voice mask while screaming all the swear words they know after they die.

They are the ones that all use grenade launchers as if it is Quake or use the .50 cal. I like them because, 1. you want to kill them anyway and 2. the .50 cal is so loud you can tell where they are for miles and the recoil on them takes too long for them to pump off rounds quickly enough. Trusty M16 pops their zits with ease.

Also, you can play Live without the headphone on. Which is great because it infuriates all the right people. They know their lame taunts are futile.