Am i really a Nazi?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 53
    I voted "yes" because "no" was too obvious and boring. This is the Internet. All excitement, all the time!
  • Reply 22 of 53
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    You're most likely (and try not to take this personally, because we all were at 13), young and clueless. Not a Nazi. Kids in their teens (particularly early teens) tend to feel like they've got a strong grasp on the world and why things are as they are... and the reality is, the vast majority have no clue.

That's not a slam on your intelligence but rather on the breadth of your life experiences. Before you can begin to understand some of the more complicated issues in life, you have to really live life for a while. Particularly on your own, without anyone there to mold opinions like parents or immediate family.

Now if your Mom or Dad has a nice Nazi plate collection or something, you may well be predisposed (or well on your way) to being a Nazi, but I really tend to doubt that this is who you are at that age.

Relax and have a Taco. Every good poll author deserves one....
  • Reply 23 of 53
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Now if your Mom or Dad has a nice Nazi plate collection or something, you may well be predisposed (or well on your way) to being a Nazi, but I really tend to doubt that this is who you are at that age.

Relax and have a Taco. Every good poll author deserves one....

• Reply 24 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Now if your Mom or Dad has a nice Nazi plate collection or something, you may well be predisposed (or well on your way) to being a Nazi...

My girlfriend used to know this kid whose crazy racist mother tattooed him (using homemade equipment) with nazi swastikas when he was about nine or ten. He ran away from home when he was sixteen and became a gay club kid in NYC...
  • Reply 25 of 53
    kirklandkirkland Posts: 594member
    Given that you hate gay people for no good reason, I voted yes. You may not be a Nazi, but you're just as much a danger to the good, innocent people of the world as any average Nazi on the Street.

Hopefully you'll grow a soul once you get through with puberty.
  • Reply 26 of 53
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kirkland

Given that you hate gay people for no good reason, I voted yes. You may not be a Nazi, but you're just as much a danger to the good, innocent people of the world as any average Nazi on the Street.

Hopefully you'll grow a soul once you get through with puberty.

Maybe your hair-trigger has gone off here. This is a 13 year old girl who is being called names at school, and may have some beliefs that are not PC. How about you take the opportunity, while the die is not yet cast, to find out what those opinions are and have a discussion about how they really affect others.

She has a soul. A young, innocent one, that has some ideas that might cause hurt to her and others. Calling her a "soulless Nazi" and a danger to "the good people of the world" does not really say anything about her- it says something about you. Take a step back and direct your anger at real hate-mongers, not a child who has been misguided. This is an opportunity for gentle education... we should rise to the challenge.

Sorry, dude. NO teenage girl is as dangerous as these guys:

• Reply 27 of 53
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

You may not be a Nazi, but you're just as much a danger to the good, innocent people of the world as any average Nazi on the Street.

I'd call you a Drama Queen, but you'd read it as "blah QUEEN" and flip out at my anti-gay statements.

Ah, what the hell. You're a drama queen. Danger to the world? HAAAHA AHAHAHA AHAHA A *cough* *burp*
  • Reply 28 of 53
    Anyone who says they would gladly kill a gay person just because they're gay is a hate mongering pseudo-Nazi. Age is no excuse for expressing inescapably evil notions.

She was asked why she hates gays as she does, but refused to answer the question, instead playing the victim because people have pointed out just how monstrously evil her opinions are.
  • Reply 29 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I'd call you a Drama Queen, but you'd read it as "blah QUEEN" and flip out at my anti-gay statements.

If you're only using the term because I am gay, you are using the term as an anti-gay slur. Who knows if you'd use the term to refer to a straight person.

Quote:

Ah, what the hell. You're a drama queen. Danger to the world?

She has expressed a willingness bordering on eagerness to kill gay people. That's pretty damn psychopathic, and that does make her a danger to innocent people.
  • Reply 30 of 53
    Hell yeah it's a term used on straight people. I even have a little Drama Queen image I use here... just can't find it right now.

Anyway, when a youngin' says "they'd be so dead" or some such thing, I don't think that much of it. Quit looking at the world through such rose colored glasses. (yes, that is used on straight people too)
  • Reply 31 of 53
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    misguided, possibly bad or near-absent parenting...not a nazi, but i wouldn't put it down to being "just a kid"...i have two teenage daughters and they think nothing like that...not that everyone has to think like i do, or think like my children, but so much hate and violence is not normal at any age...

go outside and play more, hit the malls and "hang", actually go meet some gay people and judge them for who they are, not what you think they are...my eldest goes to a performing arts school, so some of her best friends are gay...great kids, good friends, nice dressers...

i would just suggest that you try to be alittle happier, alittle more loving...life is too short to hate

but perhaps i am just taking this too seriously...likely you are a 40 year old man playing on the internet

g
  • Reply 32 of 53
    Quote:

Anyone who says they would gladly kill a gay person just because they're gay is a hate mongering pseudo-Nazi. Age is no excuse for expressing inescapably evil notions.

She was asked why she hates gays as she does, but refused to answer the question, instead playing the victim because people have pointed out just how monstrously evil her opinions are.

Oh, go publish a newspaper or something...

PM her. Make the effort. You have an excellent opportunity here. Don't blow it. You are uniquely qualified, because of your status, to attest to the true horrors of anti-gay malice. It's not too late for her to change.

Ever want to beat up a Nazi? You can go find one, or you can help prevent the formation of one in the first place. 8)
  • Reply 33 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding but perhaps i am just taking this too seriously...likely you are a 40 year old man playing on the internet

g

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.
  • Reply 34 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Oh, go publish a newspaper or something...

I wish I were the publisher, instead of just a lowly graphic designer. :-)

Quote:

PM her. Make the effort. You have an excellent opportunity here. Don't blow it. You are uniquely qualified, because of your status, to attest to the true horrors of anti-gay malice. It's not too late for her to change.

I have very little faith in the ability of human beings to grow and change. Until she says why she hates gays, and she keeps dodging that topic, I don't see that there's any use to effort here.

Quote:

Ever want to beat up a Nazi?

Not really. But when I play the board game Axis & Allies I always play as the Nazis. Because I know how to win as them. My friends won't play anymore unless I'm someone other than Germany. I'm pretty sure it was the prancing around the room singing "Tomorrow Belongs to Me!" during their turns that was the final straw.
  • Reply 35 of 53
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

I'm pretty sure it was the prancing around the room singing "Tomorrow Belongs to Me!" during their turns that was the final straw.

• Reply 36 of 53
    Quote:

I have very little faith in the ability of human beings to grow and change.

[/B]

... and THAT is the worst part of the whole discussion: when we give up on each other because we think the other is "too far gone."

You're still growing and changing... we all are. Such is the design for us.

• Reply 37 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

You laugh, but trust me: it's hard to skip while goose-stepping.
  • Reply 38 of 53
    Quote:

You laugh, but trust me: it's hard to skip while goose-stepping.

Wanna borrow my copy of The Pink Swastika

• Reply 39 of 53
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    ok, sorry can't resist a little teaching...must be the dad in me..

if you truely are a 13 year old girl, let me help explain why your comments cause such pain

1. you say you hate gays and cross-dressers...all gays and cross-dressers?? have you met many?? do you know that many cross-dressers are straight? do you know that most gays are not cross-dressers.

2. because you hate them you think it is ok to kill them...so if somebody hates black people, it is ok to kill them?? if somebody hates 13 year old girls, is it ok to kill them??

life is about thinking things through...not sure you have fully thought this through...the thing is, taking a life is permanent, you can't take that back...it should always be a last resort and never for something as frivilous as "i hate gays", or "i hate blacks", or "i hate jews", or "i hate canadians" or "i hate gay, black, canadian jews"

g
  • Reply 40 of 53
    Gee, isn't that a lovely little hate site, Jeb.