Office Setup - Vancouver & Calgary

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I would really like some advice on what our company should do. Please keep in mind that we're basically a two person operation, I'm not loaded with money and I'm not an expert in Macs/computers. I really need some creative, inexpensive options. Here's the setup.

Vancouver: One G4 400 tower with 10.3.3, ms office, filemaker 6 (single,) and the usual apps. High speed cable internet through shaw (dynamic IPs.)

Calgary: Has the same as Vancouver, only it's a TiPowerbook. There's also an HP PIII used for shipping with Purolator, but it's really not in the picture.

I'm looking to solve two issues.

1) Filemaker database. We have developed our own db and use it to manage our contacts (2500+). These contacts are constantly changing and it's hard to have both the Van & Cal db's up to date. Currently, we stuffit the db and email it over (Calgary is the master copy.) It would be very nice to both access the db and modify it as we go along. Any advice?

2) Share folder. I can't explain how important this would be. I'd like the ability for both offices to easily/quickly access a shared folder. For example, we have 400+ logos of companies we use on a fairly regular basis. Vancouver has a copy of all 400 on their computer - Calgary has a copy of all 400 on their computer - not efficient. I'm thinking approximately 900MB would work best, but any size would work better than now.

Thanks in advance.