Can someone give me some suggestion?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Recently, i went to an apple reseller shop in Malaysia and had been attracted by PB 12" 1GHz. after few days later, PB 1.33 Ghz had released... I had called the reseller regarding to the new Pb and they told me the new one would only be available 2-3 months later... so, should i wait or not? or wait for the PB G5? I wanna a PB for surfing, microsoft and do my work in uni. should i just get the 1GHz now rather than waiting for the new?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    I guess this just depends on if you can afford to wait. If you need the machine within the next month, then buy the 1ghz. If you don't need it until school starts, and will be able to get the new model before then, i'd say hold out for the 1.33ghz model.

Personally, i couldn't bring myself to buy an apple product that has been updated, unless there was a good discount associated with it. I hope you're getting a discount, if not i would most definately wait.

The 1ghz model will suit your needs just fine, but the extra 333mhz and better gfx card wouldn't hurt to have if you can afford to wait.

Both machines are very nice and will suit your needs. Ther really isn't a wrong choice.

Edit: this doesn't seem like future hardware, if you wanted info on g5s in powerbooks, there are already plenty of threads

Purchasing advice belongs in general discussion

Welcom to AI btw, and good luck with the PowerBook
  • Reply 2 of 7
    [in the full expectation that this thread will be moved]:

The old powerbook will be just fine for all the uses listed.

Even as an Australian (who with the rest of the world often get the raw end of the stick) I refuse to believe that shipping time ? perhaps you should try to find a new reseller.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hugohak

or wait for the PB G5?

since you're new here i'll cut you some slack...

The Pbook G5 will not be coming out for a really long time. Waiting for it is almost like waiting for the G6--useless. Also, Surfing the web does not require a 64-bit processor. Get whatever looks good to you right now, and you won't be disappointed.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I however will not cut you slack

CROSS POST!!!

Post in one forum only. Cross posting is bad news. Please don't do it anymore.

Purchasing advice is for General Discussion, which is where your other thread is.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I however will not cut you slack

CROSS POST!!!

Post in one forum only. Cross posting is bad news. Please don't do it anymore.

Purchasing advice is for General Discussion, which is where your other thread is.

Cut the guy some slack!!

He "cross posted" after someone told him that these posts belong in GD. As a newbie it is pretty reasonable for him to to expect the post to magically be moved there.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    I think you guys over do the whole power trip thing around here sometimes... big deal so he screwed up... its not like he killed your whole family for christ sake.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Please use thread in GD. Locking this one.

Thanks.