NY times shows true colors

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
todays NY TIMES had a story about a KKK related murder and in the space that the mugdhot was to be printed, they ran a picture of a guy running for congress from COLORADO,

HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...830932,00.html

A flub like this could be excused in the little town usa journal, but this is the NY friggen TIMES, they dont just "mess up", why no willingness to foregive you ask? well does Jayson Blair mean anything to you?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    The only thing wrong here is the statement made by the Coors campaign mangager . . . I think that maybe IT reveals their true colors:

Quote:

"It could have been worse," she joked. "Pete could have been identified as John Kerry."

Let me see . . . Being John Kerry is worse than being a KK Racist murderer?!?!?!

Somebodie's priorities are screwed up!!

ANd BTW, I find it hard to take seriously a post from someone who would rather try and slander the NYTIMES as biased in one thread, then, sing the praises of Rush Limbaugh in another
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Somebodie's priorities are screwed up!!

I saw that quote too. I kinda see her point -- at least with the Klan you know where they stand on critical issues -- they're WRONG. With Kerry, who knows?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kirklandkirkland Posts: 594member
    This sort of thing happens fairly often, particularly in the non-local editions of the New York Times, which are printed on a different schedule and thus go through one less round of proofreading and error checking than the local edition.

This was not intentional, and anyone claiming it was intentional is a blatant imbecile.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by finagain

How dare Finboy take and distort a fine James joyce novel . . . ugh . . . blasphemy!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    But it sure is apropos . . . after all Coors has been called a bigot by lefties for years and years as his plants were supposedly blatantly racist . . .

but I don't know anything about the man
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

How dare Finboy take and distort a fine James joyce novel . . . ugh . . . blasphemy!

I didn't have a choice -- trying to get relogged as finboy after deleting cookies is fvcking impossible. The server has sent my "new" password a few times, now, or at least that's what it says each time.

finagain will have to do for now.