Using HP Scanjet 3970

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all,

Just picked up this scanner and using with my Powerbook 15" AL 1gHz. I'm used to the Canon's N670U (pre-LIDE or whatever they are now), interface; but now I'm a little confused about setting my preferences for import with this interface.

Is anyone else using this scanner? Where do I set up the resolution at which I want to scan my images in? And how do I adjust the size in which to import it? i.e. 100%, 400% etc. Any related experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    If you want to set the preferences once, and not do it every time...

/Applications/Hewlett-Packard/HP Photo and Imaging Software/HP Scanjet Software/HP Scanner Preferences.app

In there you want to go to the last tab in the first row of tabs, it's called HP Direct Buttons. From there you can customize whatever you want each button to do.

Pray tell why you couldn't read the manual...probably would have explained it more eloquently and then it would also show pictures
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

If you want to set the preferences once, and not do it every time...

/Applications/Hewlett-Packard/HP Photo and Imaging Software/HP Scanjet Software/HP Scanner Preferences.app

In there you want to go to the last tab in the first row of tabs, it's called HP Direct Buttons. From there you can customize whatever you want each button to do.

Pray tell why you couldn't read the manual...probably would have explained it more eloquently and then it would also show pictures

Thanks. No manual unfortunately b/c I picked it up used... \
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    It did come with the software right?

Well I hope I helped, need to know anything else?