17" 1.5 GHz PowerBook ship date?

saksak
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I know tha the 15" PB are supposed to start shipping Monday but I heard that the 17" PB will ship later. Does anyone know the ballpark for when they are supposed to ship or be in Apple Stores?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    1-3 business days.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    They should be in Apple stores now, unless I'm mistaken, but I don't think I am.

As far as shipping dates...Messiahtosh is correct, just go configure one in the online store and do everything but order it, it'll tell you what the exact ship date is.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Apple's press release says 'early May' for the 17 inch model. Maybe they're getting these out earlier than expected?
  • Reply 4 of 18
    saksak Posts: 39member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Apple's press release says 'early May' for the 17 inch model. Maybe they're getting these out earlier than expected?

I thought I saw something about an 'early May' ship date. Has anyone tried to purchase on from an Apple Store?
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Mine should ship on or before May 4 8^D

Quote:

PBG4 17/512/1.5/80G/SD/AP/BT/LL

On or before

05/04/2004

512MBDDR333 SDRAM - 1 SQ DIMMs

065-5071

128MB Graphics Memory

065-4968

80GB Ultra ATA Drive@5400rpm

065-4965

SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

065-4966

Country Kit/Airport

065-4974

BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS

065-4963

Open

• Reply 6 of 18
    toxotestoxotes Posts: 102member
    I ordered one online last Monday (April 19) and according to Apple it was just shipped this morning. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get it by the end of the week! So yeah, they are shipping the 17" PowerBooks already...
  • Reply 7 of 18
    saksak Posts: 39member
    Are there any in Apple Stores yet?
  • Reply 8 of 18
    g4 mang4 man Posts: 36member
    I was at the Knox Street Apple store in Dallas yesterday. They had the 12" and 15" new PBooks out, but I did not see a 17"er.

Joe
  • Reply 9 of 18
    pacepace Posts: 10member
    Ordered mine shortly after noon on the 23rd, and it still says "On or before 04/30". It's interesting, as there are several guys here who ordered on the 22nd and which were shipped a couple of days ago.

Ahh... it's like being a kid in the days leading up to xmas, all over again!

-Pace
  • Reply 10 of 18
    toxotestoxotes Posts: 102member
    Well, in tracking the progress of my 17" PowerBook, it shipped from Shanghai about a day and a half ago, but for the last 24 hours it's been showing as sitting in a FedEx sort facility in Anchorage. FedEx is still predicting that it will be delivered by the end of day tomorrow, which seems increasingly unlikely given Customs and the fact that Anchorage is at least two flights away from Winnipeg. On the other hand I'm often amazed at how good couriers can be so we'll see...
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Mine will be here tomorrow. I have been watching the FedEx tracker like the the SantaCam. Shanghai, China... Alaska, Indiana... tomorrow here in Seattle.. Yeah!!!! Baby! I have a build to order 128Mb Video; 5400RPM HD. I ordered a 512 MB upgrade from a third party for $105.

I can't wait.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Went to the Willow Bend, Plano TX store tonight. They had the 17" model ready to sell. Even had 1 out for display.

Joe
  • Reply 13 of 18
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jfdesign

I have a build to order 128Mb Video; 5400RPM HD. I ordered a 512 MB upgrade from a third party for $105.

I can't wait.

Who was that third party, exactly? Link please?! Sounds like a great deal
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Does the order status page ever change from "open"?

I'm wondering b/c I had problems with my original order and had to place it again. I cleared the Credit Card charge on the phone with Apple, yet the Order status page still says Open? Is this normal? The shipping date now says on or before May 3. I've asked it to be delivered in San Francisco which is where I'll be for 10 days starting from next Wednesday. I'm just nervous that my 17" misses that time window.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    aftershockaftershock Posts: 82member
    YEEEEE ****ING HAAAWWWW!!!!

Quote:

Dear Apple Customer,

The following products shipped on 05/01/2004

• Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aftershock

YEEEEE ****ING HAAAWWWW!!!!

Wonderful, Aftershock. I'm still waiting for that email to me. Hopefully tomorrow!!

Let us know when it arrives. We want pictures! We want pictures! We want benchmarks! Okay, I'll calm down now.

Joe
  • Reply 17 of 18
    pacepace Posts: 10member
    Mine arrived 2 days after they said it shipped from China. Three days before Fedex showed that it would arrive. Shipped on 04/29. Due to arrive 05/04. On my doorstep on 05/01. I chose 'standard' shipping.

-Pace
  • Reply 18 of 18
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    mine's on my lap. ordered 5 days ago.