What the heck is THIS?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I was going through some articles at slashdot when I decided to look at one discussing a japanese website that took apart an eMac. When I went to their site to see the pictures I found one that really took me by surprise. Since when did Apple start making BLACK flat panel iMacs?? Looks like it has a 17" flat panel screen too. Is this a hack someone did to theirs or is this legitimate?

<a href="http://218.223.20.17/em04.html"; target="_blank">web page</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Known hack. Spraypaint yourself one, if you like.

Not FH. Moving.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Yep. Of course spray painted.. Now too bad the "case" or whatever you wanna call it cannot be modded like the iBook.. Maybe around the screen though? (The border...) Hmm.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Of course, the border being black, it makes the screen area look bigger because the screen is also black.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    This reminds me of something I saw in a National Geographic (issue 188) in a doctors' surgery today. It was an Apple prototype, from 95. It looked like a cross between the Black Mac (5500) and the Twentieth Anniversary Mac:
    • 17" LCD monitor

• vertically mounted CD drive below monitor

• all in one (like the TAM)

• black keyboard, with a convex curve nearest the user

For some reason a chimpanzee was posing with it. This wasn't an advert but an example of compsiting (About a hundred Mac+chimp images were Photoshopped into an empty library).