The best iPod speakers...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I would like to set up an awesome all around iPod stereo area using JBL Creature speakers and an iPod dock, but are the JBL speakers really what I want? I leave it to you to help a brother out...

Also the Creative iTrigue i3350 2.1 White Speakers are looking good too, have anyone used these speakers and would lend me some advice?

Linc

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 19
    mordakmordak Posts: 168member
    To warn you and any readers, stay away from these three Ipod speaker kits:

    Altec Lansing inMotion Portable iPod Speakers\t

    Sony SRS-T77 Folding Travel Speakers\t

    Creative TravelSound Portable Speakers



    They are absolutely horrible. The first one is actually good looking; It's the two speakers that resemble ipods, with your ipod sitting in between them--it's horrible. Altec Lansing has nice products--this is not one of them. The next two items are fairly new, to the best of my knowledge, and they are absolutely horrible.



    You can't go wrong with any kind of JBL speakers. I would suggest getting any kind of JBLs--any that you can afford.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Lincoln

    I would like to set up an awesome all around iPod stereo area using JBL Creature speakers and an iPod dock, but are the JBL speakers really what I want? I leave it to you to help a brother out...

    Also the Creative iTrigue i3350 2.1 White Speakers are looking good too, have anyone used these speakers and would lend me some advice?

    Linc




    JBL's get pretty damn loud---no really. They look beautiful too (Gray model comes with green lights, bleagh. but the blue model comes with blue lights). And by lights, i mean LED's under each Left/right speaker & one under the subwoofer.



    All in all they turn lots of heads & have kept me satisfied for the last 1.5 years that i've had them.



    edit: white model comes with blue lights too, w00t
  • Reply 3 of 19
    I've got the Creature II's, and they're great. Get them...they even match the 'pod in white.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    I like how the thread labels speakers as "iPod speakers." The headphone jack on the iPod (and dock) is universal. Any speakers work with it. Really it should just say "What are the best speakers?" So with that said, go to some stores and listen to their systems.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    The Apple Pro Speakers are the best... too bad that Apple has not thought to make and include a .75 cent adapter with either product.

    I would like to be able to plug my iPod into my audio-croquet set.



  • Reply 6 of 19
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Mordak

    To warn you and any readers, stay away from these three Ipod speaker kits:

    Altec Lansing inMotion Portable iPod Speakers\t




    Those speakers are the best I have heard in a long time(excluding my powerbooks speakers). You can charge the ipod while listening to your music. Maybe who ever had one and told you it was horrible because it didn't work for him and it had a flaw in it. I went to my local apple store and the sound from those speakers took up the whole store. You can not beat those speakers for the ipod. But, thats my opinion.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by quagmire

    Those speakers are the best I have heard in a long time(excluding my powerbooks speakers). You can charge the ipod while listening to your music. Maybe who ever had one and told you it was horrible because it didn't work for him and it had a flaw in it. I went to my local apple store and the sound from those speakers took up the whole store. You can not beat those speakers for the ipod. But, thats my opinion.



    Yes! These speakers are really sweet for their size! Its a really cool setup- kinda like a mini-boombox. It would be great if I traveled because you could then use the alarm and sleep functions...
  • Reply 8 of 19
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by quagmire

    Those speakers are the best I have heard in a long time(excluding my powerbooks speakers).



    Your powerbook's speakers are the best you've heard? You need to listen to some decent speakers.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,074member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by torifile

    Your powerbook's speakers are the best you've heard? You need to listen to some decent speakers.



    My ipod speakers: www.nearfieldacoustics.com
  • Reply 10 of 19
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,074member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by e1618978

    My ipod speakers: www.nearfieldacoustics.com



    Sorry - I didn't notice that the web page was down,

    so you wouldn't get the joke. These speakers are $80K

    and 1000 lbs.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Logitech Z-3s are fantastic. Got mine for AUD85 new. Simply amazing 2.1s for the price. Apparently Hercules XPS 210s are good sounding too, but from what I've seen on the intarweb they don't look as good.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    guestguest Posts: 112member
    Second vote for Logitech. Z-340 with a subwoofer, $30 on sale at CompUSA. I listen for 4-5 hours each night. Rarely bother to turn on the 1000 watt monster in the living room anymore.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I've had my Creature II speakers for several months now and am VERY happy with them...loud when they need to be, bassy and clear. And you can't beat the look, especially the white ones which look GREAT with my iPod. And the Creature II series all have green lights, instead of the cool-ass blue of the first generation (how could I retrofit and orange light in there? Hmmm...)



    If you can stand that one little thing, then drop $99 on some great, cool-looking JBL Creatures!
  • Reply 14 of 19
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by pscates

    (how could I retrofit and orange light in there? Hmmm...)



    Do you intentionally drain the battery of your PowerBook once in a while just so you get the orange light on your power adapter?
  • Reply 15 of 19
    bdonnbdonn Posts: 28member
    I want a set of small speakers for my washroom, I need music when I'm showering.



    If I turn my home theatre system up loud enough to hear it in the shower my neighbors complain, damn urban living.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Jubelum

    The Apple Pro Speakers are the best... too bad that Apple has not thought to make and include a .75 cent adapter with either product.

    I would like to be able to plug my iPod into my audio-croquet set.







    Uh, the pro speakers are amplified from the computer, they are unpowered otherwise. An adapter wouldn't work (...trying to power the ~20W pro speakers from a 0.003W ipod jack...).
  • Reply 17 of 19
    lincolnlincoln Posts: 11member
    Creature Speakers look like my best bet! Thank you all for your advice, when people use the gear you want it sure helps to hear about it first...
  • Reply 18 of 19
    g4 mang4 man Posts: 36member
    We bought the Creative I-trigue 3300 speakers for our mini iPod. They are black and have a wired remote. Really sweet sound!! They only cost $99. If you want white, get the 3350 series, same speakers just in white.



    Joe
  • Reply 19 of 19
    guestguest Posts: 112member
    BDONN\t- buy an FM transmitter for the ipod and a cheap waterproof radio, and broadcast your tunes into the shower.
Sign In or Register to comment.