Accessories: Standard[USB] or Wireless?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Got an interesting poll here, although I'm not actually going to make it a poll--just descriptive answers are fine. If you were to purchase some accessories suich as a mouse, keyboard, etc, Apple or Logitech or any brand, would you purchase standard or wireless? They both have pros and cons. Standard mice and keyboards use the computer as their power source so you're guaranteed them always working, while the wireless ones could run out of batteries. Then again, the wireless ones are not restricted by cables--some have a distance of 6ft, some 30ft, but Standard items are restricted by cables. I've also noticed that there can be very slight delays when gaming with wireless accessories, while there is none with standard equipment. Can you think of any others?

What would you choose?

I would, if I had the money, purchase a set of both. I'm worried that if I take my wireless on the road with me they will run out of juice and I'll be SOL as far as a mouse goes. With a powerbook, you've always got a keyboard, but not a mouse. If I were not going to be travelling but I needed an external keyboard at home so i could operate my powerbook with the lid closed, I'd have to say I would most likely purchase an apple wireless keyboard (mmm)--bluetooth dominates. And I'll keep my microsoft intellimouse.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    For a web-browsing, word processing, email computer, probably wireless.

For gaming, digital video, music, Photoshop, and anything else like that, definitely wired.

All wireless products have at least a small noticeable lag. No big deal for light use, but if you're a power user...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I would have a wireless keyboard since most of the time I am sitting back typing homework and stuff. However, I would have to have a wired optical mouse because when I play games I want no interference. It has to work or else I'm fraged.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mordakmordak Posts: 168member
    Yeah me too. Infact I just bought an Apple Wireless keyboard today. Ive already got a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse set, but they dont use bluetooth--they have a receiever/hub device that acts as an antenna and plugs into the usb port so its not totally wireless. ill use my apple keyboard and my microsoft usb intellimouse with my PB!