installed fonts not showing up in programs

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have 502 fonts installed on my computer, (867 single processor G4 powermac 640 RAM) and some that i know are installed are not showing up. For instance, Curlz MT is the font my friend uses for IMing.

while annoying to read, it is more annoying knowing that I have the font installed, but can't see it.

Also, i downloaded a font called Freebooter today. Installed it. Fontbook shows it, says it is enabled (same with curlz) but it doesn't show up in photoshop..

what's the deal? anyone know?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    did you put them in the right font folder?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    gsfmarkgsfmark Posts: 210member
    definitely. they're in Calvin(my hard drive)/Library/Fonts

anyone?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    maybe the font is corrupted

FontReserve or ATM (Classic only) might be able to repair them
  • Reply 4 of 5
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

maybe the font is corrupted

FontReserve or ATM (Classic only) might be able to repair them

funny thing is, - vice versa to your experience - that some apps of mine show fonts that i have removed already. office X e. g. constantly shows fonts, which i have removed already. just because i once used/installed some particular fonts (all postscript level 1 and 2) and used them in some office documents. It is pretty odd, and i have not the faintest clue

EDIT: oh i forgot to answer you some apps are pretty much sensitive to fonts, especially if they are old postscript fonts. I have a huge amount of postscript fonts, which perfectly worked in 9, but refused to load in 10.3. 10.2 did the job. another oddity, i guess.

helpfull?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I've had fonts show up in Photoshop as a different name than the font file. Also, some of my fonts show up below the asian fonts.