the iPod I want.. how about you?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
look at this...

imagine this..

1. QuickTime player on iPod with DivX support (3ivx)

2. video adapter cable to connect the mini-VGA Video Output port on your iPod.

3. Bluetooth SCART Adapter to connect to your TV ans stream movies or pictures on TV screen.

My Point is, I want put some of the Movies I have into the iPod, take a walk to my friends house, connect the iPod and watch a new movie i have buyed thrue the internet (iTunes Movie Store??) at his brand new Home Cinema, instead of watching it on my crapy 28" TV...

or.. i can connect my iPod to DV camera, copy the film to iPod, and then use it as a player to show the movie to my friend thrue projector or TV..

I want one, do you?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, i have a good explanation.. am swedish..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    I want on the next ipod is the following: color screen, bigger HD, a better scroll wheel then mini but, with the general design, I want it to be cheaper, a want its case inclosed of aluminum, and a micophone so you can tell it what song you want it to play.

Edit: I would also like the apple start chime on it. You guys and gals may not like it. But, it is my opinion.
  • Reply 2 of 36
    Nice concept, but I'm afraid bluetooth has nowhere near the necessary bandwith to transmit video. ( Although I wonder what the displayed SE Scart adapter actually does...)
  • Reply 3 of 36
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I don't think bluetooth has enough bandwidth to transfer video. A 802.11 wireless network would probably work if a decoder is in the receiving end.

Come to think of it, I have seen things like this on projectors...
  • Reply 4 of 36
    Sounds like the media-thing MS is comming out with...

A VideoPod killer.

And note, an iPod shouldnt have a colordisplay to watch movies on. Its way too stupid. But the ability to hook it up to a TV would rock!
  • Reply 5 of 36
    dankodanko Posts: 15member
    well, i work with 3G mobiles (UMTS or W-CDMA), and i want to tell that watch movie clips on your phone is a stupid idea and a pain in the a**...

so my idea was, to have normal iPod screen, or iPod mini screen, witch is better, and have a video output similiar to PB G4 12"... so i can watch i own movies or downloaded (isn't that ileagal??) movies, like DivX, on TV.. so when i feel like i can take a iPod to my friend and see it at his place.. or to have a presentation to my customers, so i dont need to take my PB with me all the time..

and i think you can stream the movie thrue bluetooth..
  • Reply 6 of 36
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    My dream iPod would be like this:

Touchwheel, with mechanical controls like the second-generation or mini iPods. Touch-sensitive buttons all in a line is stupid.

Actually THICKER than the current ones to accomodate a larger battery and built-in bluetooth. Well, I wouldn't say to make it thicker on purpose, but I'm all for it if that's the only way to fit a 10-hour battery and bluetooth (I guess the life would go down if BT was on all the time). Built-in bluetooth works with bluetooth headphones, so I don't have to worry about the cord catching on anything while I'm working or biking. Also, no need for a cable management solution to prevent tangling while in my pocket.

Scratch-resistant anodized surface like the iPod mini, with colors. Actually more colors and shades, like black or white. Orange, purple, or red would be appreciated - I could see myself with an iPod in one of those colors.

I HATE the current iPod remote. The cord is too long, the remote is too heavy, it is made of some kind of metal that tarnishes very easily... it's just useless. I would love a larger, optional remote with a built-in LCD and a wind-up cable or something so it's no longer or shorter than it needs to be. That would be awesome. The way I see it, if the remote is going to be big and heavy, they should go all out and give it full control over the iPod. The other option would be a very lightweight remote that controls volume and has a play-pause button, and that's it. I was thinking something like the inline remote on one of my pairs of headphones - it just has a simple volume slider.

Can't think of much else. iPods are awesome.
  • Reply 7 of 36
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    yeah, i want the remote to have a mini display that scrolls the song names and artists.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    60 GB

$399

That's all
  • Reply 9 of 36
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    100 GB, $299

• Reply 10 of 36
    chaserchaser Posts: 63member
    I think your remake of the iPod has a ugly screen...

I want colors, longer battery life, and a built in digital camera w/ 5 megapixles
  • Reply 11 of 36
    The iPod rules!!!

I was never one of these people that wanted a bigger and bigger hard drive in the iPod. I just never really felt it needed 30, 40, 100Gb for its intended purpose (having said that, I have a 40Gb model ). I think the popularity of the iPod mini also supports that view.

iPods were made for listening to music and transfering some files if you wanted. Later we got the notes and iCals etc but the main focus of the iPod remains: Listen to music, transfer files. I have 10Gb of data on my iPod, 3Gb of that is image files that I transfered off the Xserve at work so I could work on them at home, so I have approx 7Gb of music on my 40Gb iPod. Am I in the minority? I don't know.

But if I could put my images and/or my movies on my iPod and watch them on a TV (forget the built in color screen kids.... Too small, too expensive.... They might do it if they make the whole unit bigger) then I would need the HD space. I made an iMovie not long ago and, if memory serves me, the actual movie was 15Gb and the iDVD project was about 5Gb.... All of a sudden 100Gb sounds small \ . And that was back in the days when you could only make 1.5 hour movies for DVD.

Hhmmm..... when I started writing this I was all for the idea but now I see that the video iPod is a little way off yet. The HD's just aren't big enough .
  • Reply 12 of 36
    1)-i want an easily removable 12 hour battery (isn't anyone doing battery research so we can have longer battery time?)

2)-a sharp color screen

3)-the ability to share a song with another ipod owner where their playlist will show up on my ipod (wifi maybe?) and they can offer me one song at a time to hear without taking my headphones off. so if i have a cool song i want someone to hear, their ipod will show up in my "network" and i can "beam" a song title to them, if they accept, it plays. then, if they like it, they should be able to bookmark the song and buy it later at the itunes store. imagine a group of ipodders sharing their favorite songs, and when they walk away their playlist on my ipod closes
  • Reply 13 of 36
    The bluetooth SCART adapter is for displaying images and slides, not video, from an ericsson phone on TV.

Is it usefull? I haven't tried it, and don't know how the upload time is. But I think you are dependent on a patient audience or an excellent narrative.
  • Reply 14 of 36
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    My dream-pod has 802.11g, incorporates a DAAP-demon which lets it work like a computer with iTunes in a LAN (10GB when on the road, but access to my whole 30GB+ while at home - it just connects to the server running iTunes).

It has a mic and features stereo voice recording in not too shabby a quality (15-20Khz).

A FM receiver with added DAB receiver (hello Apple, this is Europe).

Removable Battery featuring 8 - 10h running time.

And the Mini-iPod scroll wheel.

CF-socket would be nice, but might spoil the looks
  • Reply 15 of 36
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by futuremac

1)-i want an easily removable 12 hour battery (isn't anyone doing battery research so we can have longer battery time?)

Sure, all the time. The problem is that people also want things like this:

Quote:

2)-a sharp color screen

3)-the ability to share a song with another ipod owner where their playlist will show up on my ipod (wifi maybe?) and they can offer me one song at a time to hear without taking my headphones off. so if i have a cool song i want someone to hear, their ipod will show up in my "network" and i can "beam" a song title to them, if they accept, it plays. then, if they like it, they should be able to bookmark the song and buy it later at the itunes store. imagine a group of ipodders sharing their favorite songs, and when they walk away their playlist on my ipod closes

...both of which are proven battery killers. So the gains in capacity go to powering new features rather than improving battery life.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I could do with GPS (no, really ).
  • Reply 17 of 36
    futuremacfuturemac Posts: 242member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Sure, all the time. The problem is that people also want things like this:

...both of which are proven battery killers. So the gains in capacity go to powering new features rather than improving battery life.

ahhh...

so it seems we're at a stalemate then.

hmmm...if i had to choose between longer battery life, or more features...i bet id go with longer battery life.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    I'd probably buy the iPod if it had some better PDA features. No need to enter data, but I do need to see my To-Do list, SORTED, and calendar and contacts (I think the latter two are already working). I'd like to be able to check off completed To-Do items (like on a Rex).

Audio in (either line or mic level, switchable) would be a very good feature.

Beyond that, I think built-in Airport would be the most useful of the other features described. No need to use Firewire, you could transfer data via wireless Ethernet (altho you could use Firewire for higher speed).

I like the user-replaceable battery idea, but I'd be afraid it would make the unit much less rugged.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    IDEA IDEA IDEA!!!

How about adding airport to the iPod in some way so that you can BUY songs off of the iTMS FROM the iPod-while on the go? I think that would be a KILLER feature!
  • Reply 20 of 36
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    A portable record store, wherever you go! Access to a million songs, from anywhere in the world! etc!!!

It could be feasible.