Problem with Speedtouch USB

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi all.

I'm having a problem with my Speedtouch USB ADSL modem.

When I plug the modem to a USB port the USB light blinks a couple of times then goes off. After that the port is useless. Whatever I connect to it doesn't work.

I'm running Panther 10.3.3, latest drivers for the modem.

It was working until yesterday. Dunno what happened.

This is what appers in systen.log when I plug it:

Code:

Apr 28 15:27:45 localhost kernel: SpeedTouchUDSLUSB -CRITICAL- Entering ::MCCI_UDSLUSB_Power_Init

Apr 28 15:27:45 localhost kernel: SpeedTouchUDSLUSB -CRITICAL- Entering :owerStateWillChangeTo (stateNumber 1) capabilities = 32768

Apr 28 15:27:45 localhost kernel: SpeedTouchUDSLUSB -CRITICAL- Entering ::setPowerState (powerStateOrdinal 0x1)

Apr 28 15:27:45 localhost kernel: SpeedTouchUDSLUSB -CRITICAL- Driver power state: powered

Apr 28 15:27:45 localhost kernel: SpeedTouchUDSLUSB -CRITICAL- We were NOT gone to sleep

Apr 28 15:27:45 localhost kernel: SpeedTouchUDSLUSB -CRITICAL- Entering :owerStateDidChangeTo

Apr 28 15:27:45 localhost kernel: SpeedTouchUDSLUSB -CRITICAL- Leaving ::MCCI_UDSLUSB_Power_Init

Apr 28 15:27:56 localhost kernel: IOModemSerialStreamSync: not registry member at registerService()

Apr 28 15:27:56 localhost kernel: SpeedTouchUDSLUSB -CRITICAL- ::MCCI_UDSLUSB_ConfigureDevice_USB: Unable to open device

Has the port gone to spleep (is that even possible?)

I've done a PRAM reset and reset-vram and reset-all in Open Firmware.

I also formated the drive and reinstalled OSX. No luck...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments