FCE to IDVD4 chapter marks

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This is my first video project. I am using FCE and have set the chapter marks. The small green markers show up on the timeline as well as chapter markers in the replays. When I move to IDVD4 - chapters seem not to be there. According to tutorial, buttons are supposed to show up afer importing. Buttons don't show up. Am I missing something simple here??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Are you sure you are setting up chapter markers and not regular markers?

Secondly make sure when you export the movie make sure you include the chapter markers.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jassdjassd Posts: 51member
    Chapter markers show up as chapter markers when replaying in the FCE viewer. What special actions are required to "include" these while exporting?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    When you export the movie as a Final Cut Movie, there is a pop up that allows you to select which markers to include in the film. Make sure that Chapter Markers are selected.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jassdjassd Posts: 51member
    That worked great. Took about 2 1/2 hours to encode and burn 90 min video on a single 1.8 G5.

Thx much

Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

When you export the movie as a Final Cut Movie, there is a pop up that allows you to select which markers to include in the film. Make sure that Chapter Markers are selected.