Powermac G5 Google Cache

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.theinquirer.net/26060227.htm"; target="_blank">Taken from theinquirer.net</a>

Sounds like Apple but could easily be a fake.

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: hmurchison ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong><a href="http://www.theinquirer.net/26060227.htm"; target="_blank">Taken from theinquirer.net</a>

Sounds like Apple but could easily be a fake.

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: hmurchison ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

This has been around for awhile.

=total fake.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    hmurchinson needs to get his eyes checked.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    This came out right after the cube was introduced. Sorry dude.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Ok, granted we all see through it.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous fakes ever. I think it's meant to be a "milk-through-the-nose" design. Parts of the computer keep appearing an disappearing in the mock-ups, every picture is a close-up from a weird angle that obscures the design of each part, the Aqua strip fake-up is pathetic, and the grammar is despicable, though better than I'd expect considering the other flaws.

"The most impressive feature of wireless technology is just that- it has no wires." One must therefore conclude it is fueled by an internal nuclear reactor, or perhaps AA batteries. Lots of them.

Best of all, though: "Yes, this means surfing the internet in your underwear in bed. With the computer downstairs in the living room." Right. With a monitor, keyboard and mouse on your lap. Only a complete moron or a shameless troll would try to convince readers that a desktop computer with Cinema monitor and extended keyboard is for use in bed, or that surfing from bed is revolutionary after laptops had been doing it for two years (now much more).

I'd be far more willing to believe Apple had signed a contract to make the casing for the next big Apple design trend out of Lego.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by AllenChristopher:

<strong>I'd be far more willing to believe Apple had signed a contract to make the casing for the next big Apple design trend out of Lego.</strong><hr></blockquote>I'd be all over that.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Wow, 10.4 gigaflops from a 1.5 GHz G5. Doesn't the dual GHz G4 do something around 15 gigaflops?

It's also amusing how it somehow has five PCI slots, somewhere on the spherical body... pretty fake.

[ 06-29-2002: Message edited by: Luca Rescigno ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 7
    wow, this is just a very, very strange thread.

(click)