Mac Hand-warmers

neoneo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
When my iMac was working i used to put my hands on it to warm them up, because even in cold weather the iMac was hot. I had to take the iMac apart because it was overheating and smelled like burning circuit boards. It was a CRT monitor problem, i tossed the monitor in the trash, and now i have to build a video card to connect the iMac to an ordinary monitor, and i will build a good one. In the future, i will install a flat screen monitor into the iMac, which i hope will not get as hot as a CRT monitor.

So, anyways, how hot does your Mac get?

-Neø

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Uhh, build a video card? What a heart warming story. Anyways, my 867 mhz Quicksilver doesn't get too hot at all. Stays quite cool.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

Uhh, build a video card? What a heart warming story. Anyways, my 867 mhz Quicksilver doesn't get too hot at all. Stays quite cool.

I just need to solder the right components on the part of the motherboard that is supposed to be a video card. I wonder if there is a way to install some memory chips in there, so that the video card will be a little faster.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Heh. Already has a video card, all you need to do is build the interface to connect an external monitor. I am guessing you already have, but xlr8yourmac should have some helpful stuff. Good luck!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

Heh. Already has a video card, all you need to do is build the interface to connect an external monitor. I am guessing you already have, but xlr8yourmac should have some helpful stuff. Good luck!

Thanks for the site

-Neø