Apple's All in One page

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Seen this before?

<a href="http://www.apple.com/education/products/allinone/"; target="_blank">ALL IN ONE</a>

Looks real neat!

Pres

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    wow! The CRT iMac really looks a lot better than the eMac
  • Reply 2 of 16
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>wow! The CRT iMac really looks a lot better than the eMac</strong><hr></blockquote>

Agree!

Hope the old iMac had the 17" screen
  • Reply 3 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I think the CRT iMac looks a little better than the eMac, but not that much.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    The old iMac looks data versus the other two. The new iMac is in a league of its own but the new eMac does not look that bad. Much better than the old iMac.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    You know, the computer on Captain Picard's desk actually looked like an iMac without the second hinge. Same domed bottom, same approximate screen size and location.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    prestonpreston Posts: 219member
    [quote] You know, the computer on Captain Picard's desk actually looked like an iMac without the second hinge. Same domed bottom, same approximate screen size and location. <hr></blockquote>

WTF are you talking about? You mean those black laptop looking things? Nothing like the iMac!

Pres
  • Reply 7 of 16
    clonenodeclonenode Posts: 392member
    I have to disagree with the few of you stating that the old CRT iMac looks better than the eMac. After seeing the new 17" CRT eMac at an Apple Store, not a day goes by that I don't think, "My graphite DV, Special Edition iMac looks old."

It's a subtle thing, but the new design asthetic put forth by the eMac is totally next generation; smooth, clean, very mod.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by clonenode:

<strong> not a day goes by that I don't think, "My graphite DV, Special Edition iMac looks old."

</strong><hr></blockquote>

you make this sound like quite the tragedy!
  • Reply 9 of 16
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Looks to me like the classic iMac is here to stay. So much for rumors about it being phased out. That puppy's not going anywhere.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Voyer:

<strong>Looks to me like the classic iMac is here to stay. So much for rumors about it being phased out. That puppy's not going anywhere.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why do you say that?
  • Reply 11 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

Why do you say that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It is prominently featured on the all in one page and is haled by Apple as:

"An ideal entry-level computer, iMac opens up a world of teaching and learning with point-and- click simplicity. Its all-in-one design features a rugged 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) CRT display, saves valuable classroom space, and makes setup a cinch. Just plug it in, and you and your students can explore the Internet or utilize scores of compelling educational software titles that support learning. iMac is a smart choice and a great value."

If Apple were phasing it out, they wouldn't put such marketing effort into it. Why would they feature it so prominently on a new page, only to quickly phase it out? The iMac clasic is here to stay. That is the only logical conclusion I am able to draw.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

Why do you say that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It fills a price point the others don't. 'Nuff said.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    The cube was "haled" similarly the day Apple announced its discontinuation. The iMac's presence on this page and the text "haling" it don't mean anything.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    The interesting part, though, is the iMac's new mission. It has moved from low end consumer machine to low end education machine. If Apple was going to kill it, why give a new job?

The education market is slowly slipping from Apple's grasp. Positioning the classic iMac as the new edu low end gives it a new lease on life.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Wow, that LCD iMac is just begging for a larger display. Even the eMac's display has more viewable area! What a joke!
  • Reply 16 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>

It fills a price point the others don't. 'Nuff said.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, but I'm sure some day soon the eMac could get a price drop to replace the CRT iMac.