ipod battery charging

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm sorry if this is an old topic but I am a new member.

I am now on my second ipod ( the first being replaced). I can not get the battery to last for more than three and a half hour. This is not continuous play. I listen when commuting. So I will listen for an hour in the morning and hour in the evening etc.

I will sometimes not listen to the ipod for a day or two and whatever combination the battery just will not last.

Someone has suggested that I need to discharge the battery, if so do you know how this is done. I'm getting increasingly frustrated to the point of actually giving up and returning to the mini disc!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    to drain the battery, just let it go until you see the warning of a dead battery. any chance you have huge file sizes due to AIFF files or songs over 20 minutes? if this is the case, then the ipod battery is wearing out fast because the hard drive never stops spinning.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    claytonclayton Posts: 2member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

to drain the battery, just let it go until you see the warning of a dead battery. any chance you have huge file sizes due to AIFF files or songs over 20 minutes? if this is the case, then the ipod battery is wearing out fast because the hard drive never stops spinning.

Thank you but there are no large files and it does run done and then I recharge but no luck.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    do you skip over songs alot, or are you constantly jumping around from song to song? that drains the battery faster than you can say "SHIT, my battery died!"