Mac Security and Chicken Little

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.techworld.com/security/ne...fm?newsid=1497

The title alone is priceless:

Mac OS X riddled with security holes

Apple releases range of patches for known and unknown vulnerabilities

And the author goes on to say, "it makes Microsoft's current Sasser problems look no more than a nasty nip." I think it's obvious that iwth fairly regular security patches, we can't just pretend that OS X doesn't have security issues, but this seems to be just over the top. Shame that even the pretention of objectivity in reporting is so fargone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Yeah, OS X is so insecure that the US Govt is seriously considering it for major secure infrastructure IT work. And we KNOW that the govt doesn't take security seriously.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    I don't really care, if apple is able to fix them before viruses,hackers, and any other stuff get to the computer. Microsoft waits to fix them in till viruses start to pop up and damage windows.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    This is only as its foundation is unix. OS9 was not as susceptible to the current range of flaws as unix is.

Th point is that alot of the unix security holes require root priv in the first place or for arbitary softtware to be run on the server.

Not only this but the sheer volume of MS security flaws compared to all other OSs combined is staggering. This is due to OS design.

Just a another moron journalist who has no Fking (pardon my french) clue or wants to sensationalise due to their lack of self esteem.

As Scott McNeally once said to anything MS can do we can do better. (except make money)

Dobby.