Pizza!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Finally we can order pizza on-line like in The Net! Now we just need someone to make a graphical OS X client! One step closer to being able to print out a pizza.... Mmm now I'm hungry!

http://www.beigerecords.com/cory/pizza_party/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    nice, that is awesome!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    There has to be more to it. I an no expert when it comes to Terminal programs, but how do they know where to send it? Defiantly makes me want to learn more about the terminal.8)

EDIT: Aha! You have to set up an Domino's account. Geez! I haven't seen a Domino's around my house for YEARS! Guess I won't be using this.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I've been ordering pizza online for about a year now, maybe even longer. Poppa Johns, Pizza Hut. A lot of them do online ordering. Is this a new thing for you guys?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    No, but the ridiculousness of writing a console wrapper for the Domino's web app is new to us. That's called putting too much work into being lazy.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Any good coder could write that in a shell script in half a day.

It would be fun to try out but I wouldn't eat Dominos pizza even if I was forced to wear woman underwear in an Iraqi prison.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    psgamer0921psgamer0921 Posts: 393member
    I still think this would be a little easier. Even though they suck
  • Reply 7 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

...I wouldn't eat Dominos pizza even if I was forced to wear woman underwear in an Iraqi prison.

You got serrrrrved, Rumsfield.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

No, but the ridiculousness of writing a console wrapper for the Domino's web app is new to us. That's called putting too much work into being lazy.

Enh. That's how 90% of all shell scripts get written anyway...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    [nostalgia] going back to System 7 here folks...

I seem to remember an old HyperCard stack that had a pizza making guy on it. You could drag different combinations of toppings onto your base and then compare the prices between different pizza houses. Then you just clicked on a phone number and it started to dial from your modem.

I never used it b/c it was a US thing ... but the Hypercard stack was pretty cool - and a nice novelty idea to demonstrate the power of the program too. [/nostalgia]