A Question for the Ages

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What is the brunette woman in the "Earn Your Degree Online" ad saying, exactly? I read lips pretty well and it appears to me she might be one of those dirty online sorority girls. Your guesses?

And furthermore, which dumbass web designer thought it would be a good idea to have an animated person speaking on a web banner, knowing there would be no sound?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hey wait a minute... that same chic appears in a "Speed up your computer" ad, only with a mouse-over voice button.

Sinking feeling setting in... must've missed "talk dirty to me" mouse-over button on college ad.

Even so, what an ad-whore this woman is... selling her looks to both computer companies and online colleges so she doesn't have to work at Elmer's Virtual Strip-tease Emporium on weekends. That TRAMP!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Oh...all the FUN I miss by having PithHelmet installed.

Oh, I heard that Tina is back. Say hi to her for me.

Moving on...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yeah, thanks for reminding me to get PithHelmet installed on my new PowerBook, Tina, you whore.

• Reply 4 of 7
    I'm sure the girl in the room next to me thinks I'm signed up to some sort of internet sex line when she hears "Hi, I'm Tina-", blaring out from my Harmons in a computerised voice before I quickly mute the sound..
  • Reply 5 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I'm guessing PithHelmet is an ad-blocker?

• Reply 6 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    It's a condom brand.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I don't get these ads and I don't have Pith Helmet: are they pop-ups?. I do occassionally get Spanish Banners ads.