Ordered a new 12"!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Sorry, I know we have a lot of threads like this one, but I had to do it! I just ordered a 12" PB!

SuperDrive

256MB (with another 512MB on the way from Crucial)

80GB 5400rpm HDD

HP printer (it was free with the rebate, I had to)

APExtreme

Bluetooth

AppleCare

I'll post some pictures of the box opening and setup in a few days!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Congratulations. I am too considering the 12 incher. My only concern are the comments about its screen quality...please keep us posted.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Update:

Haven't received the PB yet, but it shipped earlier than they said it would.

I got the RAM from Crucial today and the Mouse, printer, and AppleCare showed up today, but no one was home to sign for them. So I'm hoping the computer will be here by Saturday, than I'll post a full review.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    It's official. I'm in love.

I'm typing this on my new 12" with the specs listed from above, and I couldn't be happier with the machine so far.

It's quick, really quick.

The display is bright and crisp. Although not as bright as it would be if it were the 15" or 17", you have to sacrifice some things in the name of portability. But I really do think the display is top quality. Plenty bright, no dead or suck pixels

The speakers are great, considering again the size of the machine. I know I'll be playing music through a stereo or headphones most of the time, so that's not really a concern. I've been able to use GarageBand, iTunes, and other apps with no problems. Setup was a breeze, as can be expected with OS X.

It's sitting on a counter top now, but the bottom feels slightly warm to the touch, nothing too bad though. No fan activity after several hours of use. The left palm rest is getting a little toasty, but no big deal.

I'll post more when I've gotten a little bit better feel for the machine, and when I get my bluetooth mouse and printer.

But if you've been considering a PB, no matter the size, go for it, I couldn't be happier.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Congrats ! Hope ya enjoy it for ages

Now where are those box opening pics !

*hopes his pb turns up soon*
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    What adapters come with the new 12" (i.e. mini dvi-adc)?