Opera!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Opera 7.50 is out. Huge improvements over previous 6.03. And you can even download a "Mac OS X" skin, to make it look more like home :-)

Concerning speed, Camino and Safari are still superior on my PB 867, but the meny-bars in Opera are totally brilliant! Place them anywhere, in any shape, and with the buttons of your choice.

And yes, I'm Norwegian, but I'm not working for Opera. My brother-in-law is ;-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Maybe it's just me, but I have never understood what was supposed to be so great about Opera. I find it bloated and paling in comparison to the alternatives.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    pointless. I wish Safari would copy their +/- page zoom feature though!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    novalisnovalis Posts: 23member
    Well. As I said, Camino and Safari are faster. It doesn't hurt though to mention that a new web browser is out, with a bunch of new features. I can't see that this is "pointless".

I have now tried Opera 7.50 for 24 hours, and the browser really takes time to get used to, and it's a lot less intuitive to use than Camino and Safari. It's far better than IE and Netscape though, once you learn how to use the mouse gestures, customizing the menues, the zoom function, and so on. The full screen function combined with the mouse gesture is really fantastic. Finally a browser that is easy to use in full screen mode.

I'm going to try to use it for a week or two, and see what it can do. BTW you can import all your bookmarks from Safari, so it's easy to try, and you do not risk anything.

I was not going to comment on my own thread, but calling the new browser pointless is to go to far. That is ignorance.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

pointless. I wish Safari would copy their +/- page zoom feature though!

you mean like cmd + option + "=" ?