Who is Katie Marsal?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Up until recently, all articles on the AI front page were authored by Kasper Jade. Now they are all written by Katie Marsal. Could there really be a female Mac rumormonger? When will she post a mugshot in the AI Members gallery? Who is Katie Marsal? Does anybody here already have a crush on her?

Escher

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    PS: Hey, at least Kasper's Automated Slave is still among us.

Escher
  • Reply 2 of 16
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I think Kasper's finally completed his procedure.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

PS: Hey, at least Kasper's Automated Slave is still among us.

Escher

For a second, I was going to suggest Katie might be v2.0, but not having met her, I'll presume human.

there were some synthetic posters trying to play at Turing a few years back, IIRC
  • Reply 4 of 16
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Very innnnnnnteressssssting.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

• Reply 6 of 16
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    The whole "ownership of AI" thing is mostly a ruse. There was that whole slaptech.com thing that was news a while ago, and slaptech.com no longer exists because it was just a front.

Kids at MacNN wanted press passes at the expos, and since they owned AI they were blacklisted. So they sorta laundered it through Slaptech. I heard about the whole press pass thing, and the rest just follows logically.

As far as the identities of the writers, I'm sure they're all pseudonyms. I would imagine that either MacNN kids or AI admins do the writing. Probably MacNN kids though.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

The whole "ownership of AI" thing is mostly a ruse. There was that whole slaptech.com thing that was news a while ago, and slaptech.com no longer exists because it was just a front.

Kids at MacNN wanted press passes at the expos, and since they owned AI they were blacklisted. So they sorta laundered it through Slaptech. I heard about the whole press pass thing, and the rest just follows logically.

As far as the identities of the writers, I'm sure they're all pseudonyms. I would imagine that either MacNN kids or AI admins do the writing. Probably MacNN kids though.

You are wrong. Kasper is real. But you can guess he will never give you his identity.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Dood, you are so wrong it isn't worth discussing, but I don't hold it against ya =P

Anyway... Katie is a contributing editor.

I bet the next question is: 'Is she cute????'

Kasper
  • Reply 9 of 16
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Well, is she?
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kasper

Anyway... Katie is a contributing editor.

Thanks for your response, Kasper. So why have you stopped writing and why does Katie pen all the stories?

Escher
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Thanks for your response, Kasper. So why have you stopped writing and why does Katie pen all the stories?

Escher

I haven't stopped. We share the workload, along with others who contribute. You'll probably see several articles from me this week.

Best,

Kasper
  • Reply 12 of 16
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

I bet the next question is: 'Is she cute????'

No, the question I really want answered is are you cute, Mr Jade
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

No, the question I really want answered is are you cute, Mr Jade

Datz wad de chix be sayin since I turn 13, son.

=P

-K
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

I haven't stopped. We share the workload, along with others who contribute. You'll probably see several articles from me this week.

I look forward to reading the upcoming articles, regardless of author.

Escher
  • Reply 15 of 16
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

And the Brad fiasco was a product of his PMS?