The throbbing banquet o' music's maist indulgent feast ...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Dear European members and also those frae the further reaches o' the globe...

Let lust, envy, avarice and sloth be cast aside in favour o' rivalry, mayhem score-settling and general skullduggery, for behold - yet again the pumping pistons o' pop's ever pulsating engine have roared up tae warp speed and delivered the entire populations o' 36 countries - nae less - slap, bang at the very gates o' glory and despair. Brothers and sisters - the time is nigh for the annual Eurotastic epiphany o' music, glamour, groove and glittery extravagence. The inexorable, unquenchable EUROVISION SONG CONTEST is upon us once mare.

Let those o' us fortunate enough tae dwell 'neath the magnificent petticoats o' the European Broadcasting Union gorge oorselves orgiastically upon the throbbing banquet o' music's maist indulgent feast this Saturday at 2000 (BST) and let us be crammed wi' sumptuous sweetmeats served by the world's finest artistes, till we're as roond and bouncy as beach balls and ready tae burst wi' the sheer ecstasy of it all.

ps. Norway, Denmark and France Nil Poi!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Heh. I've heard about this, and some urban legend about how some hermaphrodite stole the show a couple years back. Even so, it sounds like fun. I bet one of the 10000 channels on the satellite TV at the club will be showing it. Maybe I'll tune in.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Heh. I've heard about this, and some urban legend about how some hermaphrodite stole the show a couple years back. Even so, it sounds like fun. I bet one of the 10000 channels on the satellite TV at the club will be showing it. Maybe I'll tune in.

Eurovision = Comedy Gold!

We devote entire programmes to taking the piss out of it in Oz. You've really got to find a channel broadcasting it and watch it. Pure hilarity.